CORRECTION: LOAF to speak at synDCon AND Dragon*Con!

HotJob

Rear Admiral
According to Sandi Gardner, VP of Marketing for Cloud Imperium Games, our very own Bandit LOAF (Ben Lesnick) has been invited to speak at Dragon*Con next month. I can't make it (24/7 stand-by at work makes it hard to take trips) but I was wondering if anyone else planned on going?

Hey -- I think that's a little confusion on Sandi's part. I'm speaking at SyndDCon in August (and then Gamescom.)

Well THAT explains why I couldn't find any information about you on the Dragon*Con website. I can see that SynDCon is held in Washington D.C., but their website is down at the moment. Is any further information available (and can a moderator PLEASE change the thread title)?

Uhhhh okay, correction to the correction. I'm now officially ALSO a guest at DragonCon. I'll be hosting a Star Citizen panel on Saturday with our amazing lead writer Dave Haddock.

NEWS FLASH: LOAF to speak at multiple unspecified venues at potentially multiple time frames. Reports indicate he will use English or some derivation thereof.

POSSIBLE CORRECTION TO THE NEWS FLASH TO THE CORRECTION TO THE CORRECTION: Except at Gamescon, where he may or may not speak in German.

Alright, I admit I am getting a bit silly, but the good news is that LOAF will be making appearances at 4 different gaming venues (Dragon*Con, synDCon, Gamescon, and CitizenCon). Not bad for a guy that started out running a fan site for a game published over 20 years ago.

ChrisReid, when are YOU going to start public speaking engagements?

EDIT: ALso, can we get the word NOT in the title changed to AND? Thanks

Hot off his appearance at synDCon, Wing Commander extraordinaire Ben Lesnick is now in the middle of several weeks of touring in support of Roberts Space Industries. His next stop is in Cologne, Germany for GamesCom 2013. WC creator Chris Roberts, LOAF, several of Austin's space sim veterans and a thousand local fans will be partying hard and discussing the latest Star Citizen news later this week. Then it's off straight to DragonCon where LOAF will be presenting with Star Citizen lead writer Dave Haddock on August 31. He'll definitely be racking up some frequent flyer miles!

Ben Lesnick is Community Manager and Designer on Star Citizen, Chris Roberts' epic return to space sims! He has worked on several titles in the Wing Commander franchise.

--
Original update published on August 20, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Back