copyrightquestion from a newbie...

Maybe the point is the profint you want to obtain from it and whether you expect to industrially exploit it or not.

yeah.. this should be fine because Origin is not an active combatant against fan projects.

It would be much harder for them to win a case against you for making a fan mod now than it would have been a decade ago. Just don't charge money and you should be fine.

So, long story ends...

No release, just a few copies for my dear friends... sad but true.

BUT... it's a great feeling to hold my creation in my hands, so, at least this dream became reality.

Deacan

PS: btw - here is my wife with her copy, it was a present for 6 years living next to me and the sound of my keyboard.
Yes, it can be hard...

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC00181a.jpg
    DSC00181a.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 277
Deacan said:
So, long story ends...

No release, just a few copies for my dear friends... sad but true.

BUT... it's a great feeling to hold my creation in my hands, so, at least this dream became reality.

Deacan

PS: btw - here is my wife with her copy, it was a present for 6 years living next to me and the sound of my keyboard.
Yes, it can be hard...

:rolleyes:

Looks neat...couple of questions. Who and how did you get such neat professional looking bindings of the book? What did it cost you? Also, any chance of uploading a .pdf for the rest of us to enjoy your work?

@ Maj. Striker:

Every single coyshop in Germany offers several variants for books... and this one here was one of the more "simpler" versions.

About the costs: 11 € per book, (paper, full color front, 435 pages)

I can also get an isbn and a "sign-up" in several "online bookstores" for 100 € here.

A pdf? Are there so many people vom Germany here?

Deacan

This Austrian would certainly like to have a look at your creation...

I'm sure you could translate the book using a free online service...although I'm not sure how great the results would be. :) Neat, I'm not sure any of the copyshops (at least the ones in my area) have anything remotely resembling a book binding like that. The best I've seen is just a simple spiral bound booklet looking thing. That's really neat, Deacan.

I will see what I can do, 175.288 words to translate will surely take a couple of time.

And I'm still work on the second novel inside this universe, so - it must and will take some time. (...and: I work all day, not as writer)

Deacan

Attachments

• DSC00180a.jpg
    DSC00180a.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 214
Translation aside, there are quite a few German Wing Commander/Privateer fans -- the games have always been unusually popular in Germany.

that's really awesome, did you provide the Privateer 2 graphic (from the game I mean) for them to print off?

Maj.Striker said:
did you provide the Privateer 2 graphic (from the game I mean) for them to print off?

As opposed to them having Privateer 2 graphics on file? :)

That looks pretty neat anyhow.

Maj.Striker said:
that's really awesome, did you provide the Privateer 2 graphic (from the game I mean) for them to print off?

Well, I tried to search something different for the cover, but at least we came around with this one here - because there is nearly nothing about PII in the net...
It's not the orginal background from the game (both planets are different).

You see - that one reason why it's not in the stores.

Deacan

ChrisReid said:
As opposed to them having Privateer 2 graphics on file? :)

That looks pretty neat anyhow.

Haha, I guess that didn't quite come out the way I meant. I meant did he personally provide the graphic or did he have someone else create it. In other words, did you just edit a .jpg file and take it in to them and say, "I want to use this for the book cover, can you print this off for me." If it's that simple then I'm going to have to make a cover graphic for a book that I wrote a long time ago and having them do something similar for me. It's not anything that I want to publish but would just be neat to have it in that format. :) Anyone know if there's a place in the US that will do this? Last time I checked, this wasn't something Kinkos offered.

Maj.Striker said:
If it's that simple then I'm going to have to make a cover graphic for a book that I wrote a long time ago and having them do something similar for me. It's not anything that I want to publish but would just be neat to have it in that format. :) Anyone know if there's a place in the US that will do this? Last time I checked, this wasn't something Kinkos offered.

Hey, in Germany it can be done that simple way... and it cost nearly nothing.
;)

You can bring in nearly any graphic file and just a few hours later you get the results.
Most copyshops also did an extra and create a few version, so you have a choice.

...short message: I will post the book (or better: the first chapters) in this forum. It's still in german only, but at least I have no time to translate it (I tried a program on the net, but the results are crap)...

Deacan

Back