Coolest death in the wing commander series

Medical experiments, animal fodder, catch of the day.. the possibilities are endless.
Ehhh. Don't enjoy that...

Whatever happened, methinks what they did to Blair was nothing compared to what others probably went through after being captured.
I think with nearly 100% you're right. Maybe they ate them or whatever. Slavery would be the best case..of the choice they had. If I were in such a situation, I'd maybe prefer killing myself...if I had the possibility. Where I have my doubts...

I was quite surprised when I rammed a cloaked Strakha for the 1st time. After the that it became quite common, though ;)

I remember

I remember I was playing WC4 and I was in...I think...a Banshee...And I had 4 enemy fighters in front of me...I dropped missiles like mad...one for each of them, and in sucession, each one blew to peices...I got a little flashy and hit the after burners (just to look cool) when the second one blew up and i shot through the debris only to collide with an enemy fighter coming down from above...

I was kinda pissed, since it was the last Navpoint for the mission, but I thought it was so badass I let a warrior's scream go that would make a Kilrathi proud!

Originally posted by Supdon3
The last time I played SO in the mission where you have to save a starbase (Lyten i think) from Capship missiles, out of the five or six fired, i managed to accidently ram while trying to kill one of them at least ten times in a row.
Hey, I also died in an interesting way in that very same mission. I was doing very well - all but one of the CSMs were dead, and Luyten was virtually undamaged. My ship wasn't, though ;). I was heavily damaged, and out of missiles, when I saw the last CSM closing in on the station. I punched the 'burners, aligned myself behind the CSM, and started firing. Unfortunately, even as I saw the CSM explode, a bug ship moved in on my six. I saved the station, and was killed by... a Moray.

Isnt there a thread about deaths already? Anyway, the coolest death I went thru was in WCII, running into the carrier cause I got carried away at the end of a mission and ran right into it! Those fighters had great momentum! "Watch out for that...AAAHHHH!!...carrier!"

RFB

Beat this...

In one of the missions of WC3, I was flying a heavily damaged Thunderbolt against a heavily damaged Kilrathi carrier. I fired my guns at the damn thing at point blank range, then my pilot threw up his hands...which we all know means you're dead. My Excal collided with the carrier...which promptly started into a death speech!

[Edited by Nep Parth on 05-03-2001 at 17:19]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Most capships will go down after just one. Insert sex joke here.
You gotta stop doing that. I didn't even think about the connotation. :)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I was quite surprised when I rammed a cloaked Strakha for the 1st time. After the that it became quite common, though ;)
I love it how in WC2 the Strakhas think they're so invincible when they cloak... and then my mass driver volleys shreds them in their invisibility.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
Beat this...

In one of the missions of WC3, I was flying a heavily damaged Thunderbolt against a heavily damaged Kilrathi carrier. I fired my guns at the damn thing at point blank range, then my pilot threw up his hands...which we all know means you're dead. My Excal collided with the carrier...which promptly started into a death speech!

So you're flying you're damaged Thunderbolt and ram the Excal you're flying right into the carrier and she blows? Wow, I never saw such a thing.

I did, I merely declined to comment on it, being that I'm pretty sure I knew what he ment.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Most capships will go down after just one. Insert sex joke here.

Its just LOAF's way of making us think in new and interesting directions:)

I regulary ram cloaked Skippers. I fy the T-Bolt, so the head-on attack is usually the only way I can catch them. Still, I guess it's one way of ensuring the Victory survives. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wedge009

Well, I *am* working on so many different levels... all but one of which are profane!

Originally posted by Raptor
I was quite surprised when I rammed a cloaked Strakha for the 1st time. After the that it became quite common, though

I regulary ram cloaked Skippers. I fy the T-Bolt, so the head-on attack is usually the only way I can catch them. Still, I guess it's one way of ensuring the Victory survives. :)

Best, Raptor

A truely heroic death. ;)

all throughout Secret Ops I was dying because bombers would keep launching torps at the bridge... I just had to be the heroic one and sacrifice myself for an entire ship...

*stupid-stupid-stupid-stupid* :)

I was just thinking about Excaliburs when I wrote it...Freudian slip.

How do you RAM the torpedoes? They're so small. Never in my entire flying career have I either hit a torpedo or a Skipper. On the other time, I HAVE hit Nephilim Capship missiles...but only twice.

Back