Controls stop responding in WCP

StarFire_MK2

Spaceman
Has anyone encountered this problem in WCP?

All my controls (joystick and keyboard) stop responding when flying. There doesn't seem to be a set time interval when it happens, but seems to occur after I've switched between various modes on my Saitek X45 joystick a few times. I have the software for the X-45 set to Win 98 compatibility, and am running WinXP Pro w/SP2.

I haven't heard of that issue, but it could be because of some unique bug or incompatibility with the Saitek software. It's odd that your keyboard controls would also cut out though. Can you hit ALT+O to bring up the options menu after this happens?

Why is the X45 software running in compatibility mode? If you only have an older version, then you can get a newer one from the saitek site, and its always better to run a compatible version rather than hope compatibility mode works well enough.

I have the same problem with my Saitek X52. The solution I've found is to not use the throttle. I've never had the controls stop responding when I've used the joystick alone (this doesn't mean the throttle isn't plugged in, just that I don't touch it or the buttons on it).

Since I have the problem with an X52 and you have an X45 and I've tried all manner of compatability settings and adjustments and never gotten it to work, I suspect it's a Saitek Bug issue.

Back