Contribute Artwork

John Cordell

Spaceman
Contributions

You like Privateer Gemini Gold and want to help us make it better?
You want to become a part of the development team and enjoy the work on the next release?

We could use some help within the following areas:
1. Modeling
2. Animations
3. Website
4. Beta Testing

1. Modeling
If you are new to the modeling business you need a program to created models. Wings3D ( http://www.wings3d.com/ ) is an easy to use free open source tool most of our models were created with.

What are we looking for:
- NavPad (new model + texture)
- Quine4000 (new model + texture)
- Demon (new model + texture)
- High Res Base Artwork (remodel and texture the base interiors)
- High Res Upgrade and Commodity items (models or paintjobs for all commodity and upgrade items you see at the commodity exchange computer interface and shipdealer upgrade bay computer interface.

2. Animations
We need high res explosion animations similar to those the original Privateer used. You can send them in as an avi movie file or a set of png files.

3. Website
We are searching for a webdesigner who would like to create a new website for Privateer Gemini Gold. If you are interested just contact us and we will talk about further details.

4. Beta Testing
Beta Testers who would like to take a look at the newest development version while reporting bugs and suggestions are always welcome.

Don't forget to check out the latest version of this document before you start to work on something.

Regarding the Quine: I never got around to fixing it, but, well, my computers are looking a bit rickety right now and this will probably be one of the last chances I get. So, if you're interested in reviewing a slightly broken Quine model, tell me where to send it.

I don't wanna make any promises too soon but I might be able to manage high res stills of at least some of the locations in the stations if I can be provided with the appropriate screenshots

sorry about the silence.. I haven't forgotten, have you got a set of screenshots from inside the hector and achilles base and the ones from Helen?

I could probably start with those, since they are the first things you see in the game

Here are the most important ones...

Attachments

• landing.jpg
    landing.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 471
  • concourse.jpg
    concourse.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 263
good, now can you tell me what file format those pictures currently are inside the game, and what resolution do I need to make them (I'll probably assume 1024x768 if you are unsure.

Staring down that long asteroid base corridor while listening to the twangy Priv music that played there is one of my best memories of the mid nineties.

Looks good, can you darken the cavern supports and sharpen up the floor texture at all? I'd probably make the second floor railing a bit thinner.

Yeah, looks good but that floor texture needs to be lightened up and less pronounced. Other than that good work!

thanks.. I learned alot making this version.. so I think I'm gonna redo it and fix all the stuff I am not very proud of.. still I was impressed for an amateur effort! I just wanted to get something posted by christmas ;P

That's looking good so far.

I guess you know about the differences to the original (... because you just need to compare both ;) ) and since this is still a WIP it won't make sense to mention them now. You're making good progress, can't wait to see the next version...

Back