Continuity Ending

badkarma9000

Spaceman
Hey folks, I'm new here...

SPOILER WARNING FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T FINISHED PROPHECY:

I own all the Wing Commander games except for Prophecy Gold, and thus I don't own the Secret Ops. Last I saw, on the last level of Prophecy, Blair was captured. It was a pretty bittersweet ending. Do you end up rescuing him in Secret Ops? Heck, do you even play against the same aliens, with the same crew, in Secret Ops? From the little I know about the game, it looks like it doesn't even have any FMV... It looks like just some additional missions mixed with some stuff for the modding community. Any clues anyone can give me?

Hehe.. in case Bob's answers are a little too short for you *g* here some additional comments.

Last I saw, on the last level of Prophecy, Blair was captured. It was a pretty bittersweet ending. Do you end up rescuing him in Secret Ops?

No we don't rescue him, he's considedered MIA/KIA in that game.

Heck, do you even play against the same aliens, with the same crew, in Secret Ops?

Most of the crew, different ship and yes it's still the Nephilim

From the little I know about the game, it looks like it doesn't even have any FMV...
It looks like just some additional missions mixed with some stuff for the modding community.

It is a game released from Origin, and yes, basically it it additional missions which is why many people regard is as an AddOn for WC Prophecy. And yes, it lacks FMV. The story is explained via game-engine-sequences and via story parts given on the Secret Ops website.
The game was first released for free download on the web, so FMV was out of question since nobody would have been able to download such data amounts. It was further released episode by episode which explains why the story was presented on the website, since that was the place you returned to after finishing one episode to read the next bit of the "between the episodes" story and download the next episode.
It's certainly a matter of taste but I would recommend you to try and play it if you can get your hands on it. From what I know it is not available for download anywhere on the net anymore, but was part of a WC Prophecy Gold edition which you might be able to find on eBay.

Thanks, Tharakhath.

So, I'm guessing Secret Ops doesn't "Complete" our war against the Nephilum. So if another WC game was ever made (that being a huge "IF"), they'd still have to tie this war up, right?

Back