Conquest 2: The Vyrium Uprising Announced (July 31, 2004)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Warthog has announced that is currently developing the sequel to Conquest: Frontier Wars. The original Conquest was developed by Digital Anvil, but the game was published by Ubisoft when Microsoft acquired DA and dropped the game. To further complicate matters, elements of Warthog in the United Kingdom developed Wing Commander Privateer 2, however Conquest is being developed by the Texas branch of Warthog. Warthog Texas is based out of Austin and is home to several Digital Anvil veterans such as Eric Peterson. Whew. A few Wing Commander themed easter eggs made it into the original Conquest because of these links. With that background out of the way, Conquest 2: The Vyrium Uprising is a real time strategy game set in space. It will feature four races and have four campaigns. New dynamic special events, spaceborne creatures, hero characters and more will be added. In additional to standard RTS battles, Conquest 2's multiplayer will include capture the flag and objective based missions as well.

A 26 meg trailer is available in Warthog's media section. The game is expected for PC in the fall of 2005. TeamXBox has suggested an XBox version may also be in the works.

--
Original update published on July 31, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay I'm Psyched I really liked the original however did not really expect another to be released. I'm glad they did perhaps they will have another WC game too. One can dream can't he.

I am happy and sad at the same time.
On the one side I am happy to see that their is a second part to CFW...but I am sad that it looks just like a mission CD. No real improvements over the last part (graphicwise)
I mean they show these plantes graphics..well Tolwyn can do the same or better.
The models also look outdated...some advancements in the textures, but not as much as I hope for a second part.

I have just two big hopes for this game
1) This are betascreens and the endresult will be much better
2) Its moddable, cause CTF would be a very good platform for a WC RTS game.

I myself didn't expect to hear anything about CFW, except the fact they're now being sold in discount prices.

Wow.

Agree with Lars

I'm in agreement with Lars... loved CFW, didn't really expect a sequel ever (actually didn't expect Warthog to be still kicking, even in Texas). It does look like there haven't been that many changes, though. Hopefully this means it won't get cancelled, because they can do it on a tight budget, but on the other hand one would have hoped for more in a true sequel.

Lets just hope that its modable this time so that some WC Fans can put their hands on it...then you will get the improvements we want ^_^

Back