Confed flight suits

MjavTheGray

Spaceman
Hello to everyone. It's me again.
Today's question is:
What do confed pilot wear under flight suits.
Do they have some special uniform for flight?
Do they get stripped before the flight?
Any ideas on subject?

There is concept art for the Confed flight suit in the Official Guide to Wing Commander III but I don't think there is anything about what is worn underneath it. I could probably scan it when I get home, if I can find it.

Ok, I took a look at the concept art from WC3 but it didn't show anything about what is worn underneath the uniform.

Here it is, just for fun.

Attachments

• wcuniform.jpg
    wcuniform.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 292
A t-shirt with the name of the ship is worn under both the duty uniforms (in Vinman's post) and the flight suits. In Wing Commander III it's a gray shirt with TCS Victory in black, in WCIV it's a navy blue shirt with TCS Lexington in white and in WCP it's a red shirt with TCS Midway in black.

Well... t-shirt is okay. But imagine such an event that confed pilot has to land not at his ship. for example - he gets hit and lands at transport (we do know they have a landing bays). And while his bird's repaired - is he walking a ship wearing t-shirt and underpants?

Is it possible that they had their uniform kept in cockpit?

Even on the most arid planet, swimming trunks are provided to research stations.

Pleasure/R&R domes are also built on these type of planets it seems. In "Milk Run" (ER) they talk about such planets.

Much like Dan Simmons' Hyperion books, the pleasure planet in Milk Run is a John Keats joke. His poem, "Kubla Kahn", begins famously:

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree :

Edit: also note that Archer had a swimsuit on the research planet.

I'd guess when a pilot lands, he stay's in his flight suit, he won't be there long, since they won't do major repairs, just enough so he can limp his damaged fighter home. The probably just wear the t-shirt. Even if the pilot had to stay on the ship I'm sure they'd lend him some pants. ;)

I don't know if this will help, but when I was in the Marines I wore a flight suit, even though I was an amtracker. While we were aboard a navy ship we just wore our flight suits, underneath I wore a green t-shirt and boxers. The only time I wore something different was when we had liberty in a port then I wore civilian attire. Now we had two sets of flight suits, but if you are only on a short stay on another ship one set would be fine.

Back to the topic: IIRC flash was wearing grey t-shirt with TCS Victory writtwn in the front in some WC3 cutscenes, but I'm not sure

Back