Coneburst

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
Was it possible ever to take out a ship with just one of the conebursts? I noticed on Rookie it was no problem. But anything on Rookie would destroy a ship. It would've been really cool to see a revamped version of the Coneburst on Prophecy. Will there be any weapon like that in the WC Saga?

I don't remember about taking out a ship with a single coneburst above rookie. I do remember though, even as useless as it seems with the potency of missiles in WC4, the coneburst was one of the funnest missiles to use.
*vagueness filter on* Although, there are a few elements borrowed from WC4, Saga is set in WC3, so primary material is pretty much anything seen in the games/novels leading up to WC3. *vagueness filter off*
Interpret that as you wish :D.

C-ya

Yeah, but while you're fiddling with it, concentrating on when to detonate it, someone sneaks up on you and kills you.

Its defenitely not a melee weapon, its an initial standoff weapon. If you are in a lighter fighter than your enemies and your each boreing in on each other, it would be nice to even up the score a bit by damaging all the fighters at once. Bring the odds down a touch :)

C-ya

i've killed my wingman using a starburst before. he just flew right into the beams as they came out :( strangely enough though, it didn't mark me as a traitor :D

Wait a minute... The Coneburst is a missile that blows up like a shotgun... It shouldn't have beams. The one with the beams is the scattergun.

But when the Starburst and Coneburst blows up, the beams look like that of the Scattergun. I thought they were supposed to be energy projectiles. At any rate, I could see how in a Wing Commander type battle, if you have these two fronts coming at each other pretty fast, I would think either Burst weapon would be good for causing some confusion and weakening enemy shields right before coming into range with your guns.

I remember with the Morning Star how it had that nuke missile thing on it. I really don't remember much about it, but how you were supposed to fire it and then Maniac would detonate it. It seemed like each time I tried that I never destroyed any fighters with it. But the light it made was so intense and everywhere that I thought a weapon like that used for the first time would cause a lot of confusion, allowing the side that fired the weapon to really go in guns blazing and have the upper hand.

Was it called the mace? I really can't recall. I thought if you just fired it in the middle of a wing of fighters it was supposed to destroy them all. But your timing supposedly had to be just right. I wouldn't think timing is that critical for a nukey kind of missile. I mean, if you're around, you're just around and you're going to die.

yeah, its called the mace. i loved that missle! I took out Ayers Rock with that little baby! wasnt it in WC4 too?

Yes. That thign was dangerous to the general health of anyone in the area.

Strategies from a guide for using the Mace:

#1: Fire into a pack of enemies and let their fire blow it up.
#2: As above, but once it's a certain distance from you, blow it up yourself.
#3: Use against capships FROM A SAFE DISTANCE
#4: Do not fire around a Mace until it is at a nice, long distance. You can quite easily blow yourself up with this one.

The Mace was in WC4 but significantly weaker and with the same firing system as the Cone/Starburst IIRC.

In WC2, the Mace acted just like a dumbfire, albeit a slow one. Against tight formations of Grikaths it worked wonder. Was overkill of course and I only manageg to do it in WC Academy where you really can put enemies very close together.

I never used it, the Coneburst, or the Starburst in WC4 any of the several times I played through the game.

I always preferred real weapons.

how can you get them though? I played through it once and got them but I forget how to. do you get them in Spearadon or Circe?

Mekt-Hakkikt said:
In WC2, the Mace acted just like a dumbfire, albeit a slow one. Against tight formations of Grikaths it worked wonder. Was overkill of course and I only manageg to do it in WC Academy where you really can put enemies very close together.

Given enough time for it to lock on, a Temblor bomb was useful for taking out an entire wing of enemy fighters.

Back