Concordia's Captain

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
Well Wildweasel I'm not totally wrong like you and Banditloaf have proved but only half wrong by stating that his brother did die and he blamed the claw and Blair.

You were pretty wrong... but I don't think anyone rubbed it in your face or anything...

but my Question to you and loaf is why would jazz wait ten years to get revenge why wouldn't he had turned earlier? matter of fact maybe he was the one who had sabotaged the Tigers Claw by giving info on it like he did with the Concordia for getting back at the claw team over the Goddard problem? (essentually leaving blair with the blame) has there been some documentation on what happened between the ten years of the first one and the second? Also I don't recall him in the first game as a pilot (but was told he is in the story time line.) did I miss him in the game (was he in the SM1 and SM2) cause when I started two he and blair seem like they knew each other and didn't like each other but I had no knowledge of his existence till that moment?

Jazz did betray the Claw... it's repeatedly stated in Wing Commander 2... He also stole/broke Blair's flight recorder repeatedly and for some incredibly stupid reason kept one in his quarters for over 10 years so there could be stupidly complete proof that Blair wasn't at fault for the Claw's destruction.

didn't intend for that statement to come out the way you interpeted TC. so no one take offense cause I didn't mean it that way I just wanted to get there attention so they would respond to the question I asked next.

Also I just relised what you meant TC it was suppose to come out more like they proved that I was only half wrong (and basically thanking them for correcting me) not that I was taking offense to there posts but wildweasel did state that I was very wrong and I was mentioning the fact that banditloaf said that I was only half wrong and wildweasel also proved that I was half wrong in the way he phrased it. I also used the words very wrong in my post so his way he initinally started his response is acceptable cause I left that as an open shot. So my bad on the post you read TC it was phased wrong I have to proofread better when posting. I'm not gonna worry about spelling cause I know I can't do it quickly in my head but Phrasing my posts will be improved as not to come out wrong. so If Wildweasel and Banditloaf Take a look at this I want to appologize for any missinterpertation you get from it. It really does sound like I'm getting angry with them in the post but is not true so my bad. :D

but my Question to you and loaf is why would jazz wait ten years to get revenge why wouldn't he had turned earlier? matter of fact maybe he was the one who had sabotaged the Tigers Claw by giving info on it like he did with the Concordia for getting back at the claw team over the Goddard problem? (essentually leaving blair with the blame)

Yeah, that's right -- Jazz was the one who betrayed the Tiger's Claw to the Kilrathi and then tampered with Blair's flight recorder. He reveals all this at the end of WC2. He was a member of the Society of Mandarins.

has there been some documentation on what happened between the ten years of the first one and the second?

Not really -- there have been references to battles and such that happened in-between the games, but the idea was that there wasn't anything really important going on because Thrakhath destroyed his own shipyards and had to re-develop the cloaking stuff.

Also I don't recall him in the first game as a pilot (but was told he is in the story time line.) did I miss him in the game (was he in the SM1 and SM2) cause when I started two he and blair seem like they knew each other and didn't like each other but I had no knowledge of his existence till that moment?

He's a pilot in Secret Missions 2, briefly transfered from the TCS Austin.

What do we know about the time between SM2 and WC2?
Tiger's Claw approaches the K'Thrak Mang in order to launch a strike. Every last fighter on the carrier is out on patrol, many of them flying solo (without a wingman). The Austin is nearby, presumably coordinating with the Tiger's Claw.
Blair is flying by himself without a wingman. Iceman is in the area. Bossman is dead (died in SM2). IIRC, Angel is flying off of the Austin at this point, and commanding its fighter wing. Jazz is presumably flying off the Austin (its where he's temporarily transferred from in SM2). The other pilots from WC1 are presumably still flying off of the Tiger's Claw (with the possible exceptions of Maniac, who might be institutionalized, and Hunter, who might be doing Freedom Flight things - haven't read the novel), except for Doomsday, who's presumably back on the Austin (temporary transfer in SM2, like Jazz). Shotglass might not be on the Tiger's Claw at this point (we know he survives, but we don't know if he managed to get off the ship, or just wasn't on it to begin with).
Blair gets a brief visual on the Kilrathi stealth fighters, but his radar doesn't pick them up, so he figures he's seeing things. Shortly after that, the Tiger's Claw issues a general distress call, reporting that its under attack by fighters. Blair is first back to the Claw, and joined shortly after that by other pilots. Iceman takes charge, and forms everyone up to head to the Austin, which then calls off the attack on the K'Thrak Mang. When Blair lands, Jazz somehow manages to get hold of Blair's flight recorder data disc, which he apparently keeps (as a trophy?) for the next ten years. This leaves Blair with the following problems:
1.) He has some wild story about stealth fighters, which Tolwyn (the local admiral) is rather dubious about.
2.) Confed was able to determine the vector of the Kilrathi fighters, and it goes right through Blair's patrol area.
3.) Blair's flight data disc, which would clear him, but might theoretically indict him, is missing, and it would have been child's play for Blair to take it.
4.) Blair didn't have anyone with him to vouch for what he was doing at the time of the attack.

Of course, it doesn't help Blair's case much when Gorah Kar revolts against the Kilrathi empire, and Thrakhath is forced to destroy the sole production line for stealth fighters to keep it from falling into Confed hands (thus ensuring that stealth fighters won't be encountered by Confed until Blair once again fights them ten years later - ironically, his flight recorder information is once again lost, although this time, its due to flight recorder malfunction).

There's not enough evidence to convict Blair of treason, but there's an awful lot of suspicion, so he's transferred to the ISS, where any mischief he might get into won't cause as much trouble.
Lance Casey is born while his old man (Iceman) is on board ship. Former widower Iceman doesn't get any paternity leave to go visit his (2nd) wife and son.
Hawk serves with Iceman. Iceman dies when his ejection pod is recovered by the Kilrathi who kill him, throw him back in the pod, and leave the pod in deep space. The pod is recovered by Blair's unit. The report to the wife and kid neglects to mention the more grisly details of Iceman's death. Iceman and Lance never have the opportunity to meet.
Paladin retires from active combat pilot status, and goes back to intelligence work, using his free trader Bonnie Heather as a cover.
Angel becomes Commander of the fighter wing on the Concordia, Tolwyn's flagship. Spirit, Jazz, and Doomsday join her on-board the Concordia. Also joining them is Ralgha nar Halas, the former Kilrathi officer who defected on board a Fralthi cruiser in SM2. Halas has decided to fly fighters in combat duty for Confed. He is joined by his friend/ward Downtown, whom he saved from Kilrathi assailants when the latter was very young. Downtown provides the callsign Hobbes for Halas, ostensibly because Halas is very wise, like the philosopher Thomas Hobbes (and not because Halas bears the slightest resemblence to a feline in a famous 20th century comic strip).
Blair is eventually transferred to Caernavon station, a system that never sees any Kilrathi presence, and Shadow is assigned as his wingman.
Jazz gets hold of some timed explosive devices and decides its finally time to have his revenge on his old 'friends' from the Tiger's Claw.

Back