Concordia class Super cruiser

Iceyl86

Spaceman
I'm having trouble with this... Im looking for a schematic or picture of that ship from the movie to see how impressive it was, but I can't find anything anywhere! Does anyone have one or know where i can find it?

WC in Russia has a picture:

concsc2l.jpg

Wow... bears a small resemblance to the Lord Nelson class Battleship... wheres the flight deck on that thing?

I don't know the Lord Nelson class Battleship, but the Concordia-class is very consciously an Iowa-class BB in space.

We never see the (small) flight deck.

Edit: but Pilgrim Stars says the flight deck faces aft.

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't know the Lord Nelson class Battleship.

Now you do...

Displacement: 33,950 tons (38,000 tons full load)
Length: 710 ft (216.5 m) (overall)
Beam: 106 ft (32 m)
Draught: 33 ft (10 m)
Propulsion: 8 3-drum superheated boilers
2 Brown-Curtiss single reduction geared turbines, 2 screws,
45,000 hp (33.6 MW)
Speed: 23.5 knots (43.5 km/h) (trials)
Range: 7,000 nautical miles at 16 knots (13,000 km at 30 km/h)
Complement: 1,361
Armament (1945): 9 16-inch (406 mm) (3x3)
12 6-inch (152 mm) (6x2)
6 4.7-inch (120 mm) (6x1)
48 2-pdr AA (6x8)
16 40mm AA (4x4)
61 20mm AA guns
Aircraft: 1, no catapult
Armor: 14 inch (356 mm) midships
6.3 inch (159 mm) deck
16 inch (406 mm) turret face
13.4 inch (330 mm) conning tower sides

Attachments

• HMS%20Nelson%201.jpg
    HMS%20Nelson%201.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 64
The ships you are referring to are Nelson class Battleships;

The HMS Nelson and the HMS Rodney

The HMS Lord Nelson was an old pre-Dreadnought that was sunk as a radio-controlled target in 1919.

Here is the HMS Lord Nelson, your schematic is the later Dreadnought HMS Nelson.

Attachments

• 01_hms_lord_nelson_1905.jpg
    01_hms_lord_nelson_1905.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 37
The Concordia does have one sizable advantage over the Nelson ... it can fire backwards :)

As for models, I did a pretty decent one of the Supercruiser, you can find images of it in the WC 2634 thread or if you want I can send it to you.

Wow...I didn't remember it looking so...hmm, what's the right word, plain? I need to go back and watch the movie again. For the most part the 3d work was awesome in the movie but that picture doesn't seem to make it the supercruiser look very decent at all.

Most of the Handbooks Joan's Fighting Ships ships were very early renderings, since it went to the printer months before the movie was finished.

(Most notably in the case of the Fralthi, of course, but it's true to some extent for all the ship pictures in the Handbook.)

From the Handbook:

Length: 855 meters
Mass: 73,000 tonnes
Max. Velocity: 100 kps
Cruise Velocity: 50 kps
Weapons:
30 Point Defense
4 Antimatter Guns
50 Torpedo Tubes
Light fighter complement
Armor
Fore and aft meson shields
35 cm fore/aft armor
30 cm port/starboard armor

Concordia-Class Supercruiser
Currently the largest battleship in Confed's fleet, the Concordia class was originally devel-oped during the Pilgrim War. The original Concordia was named the Confed flagship in 2645 a dserves as a mobile command center for Naval operations.

Defended by 30 point-defense missiles (for fighter defense) and 4 primary antimatter guns, the main offensive asset of the Concordia class is its 50 torpedo tubes, capable of launching both ship-to-ship and ship-to-planet munitions, including strategic weapons. It also mounts a small fighter deck capable of carrying a light squadron of about 20 medium fighters or fighter/bombers.

In keeping with its fleet command function, the Concordia class mounts enhanced long-range communications and sensor packages.

Standard protocol calls for a Concordia-class ship to travel in company with at least two destroyers and a cruiser (or larger battleship). Transports frequently convoy with a COncordia-class ship, since its fleet command function makes it a natural focus for ship ten-ders and other resupply operations.

The Concordia class takes 700 officers and crew, plus additional space for up to 350 work-ing supercargo (command staff and fleet operations personnel, plus a full hospital facility with a standing staff of 75). There's additional space for up to 300 hospital patience and up to 60 prisoners in the brig, plus limited accommodations for non-crew pas-sengers.

I was looking at the picture very closer and looked back at one of the scenes in Starlancer but I am not sure but I swear that they might have used a scene from teh Wing Commander movie in Starlancer or vice versa.

In the beginning of the movie you see a Confed capital ship leaving the command centre. That scene was very similiar to one of the CGI scenes in Starlancer, can anyone verify that for me please

Back