Compressed Audio

Wendy

Spaceman
Still can't break them, but I'm not a software engineer or de-engineer, I'm an audio engineer. I create and modify the waveform, not the file.

By looking at the raw data structure, I'd say it is definitely compressed audio.
By listening to the raw compressed audio, I'd say it was MIDI. Event triggers show up as pings or blips. Beyond that, VPK. . .PK Package. V. . .if they used Creative formats, it would make sense.

I'll keep looking, but the people are gonna have to wait for the talking head. Sorry. I'll keep looking, but I don't think there's a programm out there right now.

I'll see about working out a full set of OGG files, too.

Thanks for the video help

W.

If you are refering to the bartender/Merchant and Merc Guild talking heads, why wait? I already have a set of them on my system edited up and of pretty decent high quality (no recording through a microphone). Im still working on getting more of them but so far I think I have a pretty decent collection for time spent.

You Do?!?!

Dumpshock said:
If you are refering to the bartender/Merchant and Merc Guild talking heads, why wait? I already have a set of them on my system edited up and of pretty decent high quality (no recording through a microphone). Im still working on getting more of them but so far I think I have a pretty decent collection for time spent.

GI'MEGI'MEGI'ME!!!

PLEASE, tell me how to get them from you. I have zip or RAR either or. I can even handle some SIT files. LZH? No prob!

Umm, my e-mailbox is unlimited. wendy atsign* kimem dot** net

I'd give you a website to upload to, but I don't maintain one large enough.

* atsign is @
** dot is a period .

Thanks again.
W

Yea ^_^ I do have some. I spent the majority of the night last night and the night before recording what I have. Im pretty proud of them, but they do have their own issues. One being the sound is slightly metalic... but that can be fixed in my sound editor w/o any real issues at all. I am still working on getting more, but if I were to submit these I would most like to be apart of the DevTeam or get some kind of recognition for my work on the project. (Doesn't like the idea of doing lots of work for his favorite game and not getting any recognition) But I am more than willing to put my effort into this.

Urg. . .

Dumpshock said:
Yea ^_^ I do have some. I spent the majority of the night last night and the night before recording what I have. Im pretty proud of them, but they do have their own issues. One being the sound is slightly metalic... but that can be fixed in my sound editor w/o any real issues at all. I am still working on getting more, but if I were to submit these I would most like to be apart of the DevTeam or get some kind of recognition for my work on the project. (Doesn't like the idea of doing lots of work for his favorite game and not getting any recognition) But I am more than willing to put my effort into this.

Well, that's an invitation I can't offer. It will have to come from someone else. Sorry. I'm just working on the game as best I can, as I can.

Thy'll see this post, but I can't answer for them.

Thanks for replying.
W

andrew said:
You can extract the speech using Game audio player . Tested and working (scan the appropriate TRE or PAK file).

Gap worked great to get all the cockpit chatter. Unfortunately all the talking head stuff is in VPK files that GAP doesn't get. I got the VPK files using TreMan.

I've used the common stuff and even some rather rare and uncommon stuff on these. They either need the compression agent used, or someone to reverse engineer the system which I am not able to do. But thanks for the idea.

W

Nomad Terror said:
I guess there is no more generousity left in anyone anymore.

There is, but if you're busting your butt for FREE, trying to help out with this stuff, I would think that a "Thanks to so-n-so for getting the speech up and running" isn't really asking much.

That would probably come anyway due to the nature of the people on the project

However, requiring a written "You will get credit for this" before even coughing up anything is pretty selfish

Don't forget that the people working on the project are busting their butts for free also.

We are *very* happy to give credit to all that helped.... most pleased--- we do like to be reminded however---sometimes we have such a long list that a few people slip through the cracks--and believe me it's *not* malice...

We're happy to add you to the dev team if you've been helping... I'm not sure exactly waht that entails other than you helping

I've never turned anyone down who's actually contributed something :)

Whoa, wait a second. We're talking about the speech recorded for the on-base conversations? I don't think they were ever successfully decoded (if they are, please tell me!). GAP was great for the in-flight stuff, though.

What's interesting is that GAP can extract all the speech from Strike Commander, and I believe the games (SC and Priv) have a similar data structure and format.

Well, my asking for the recognition was in response to a previous event when I had worked on something a while back.
I had done some work on something and when I submitted the files, they had taken full credit for all of my work, so its really just nervousness... sorry for questioning your reliability, but I will send in the files I have in the next few days. Im not at my home terminal at the moment, so I do not have access to them. What format would you want them in btw?

audio can be in ogg or wav
video should be in lists of jpg files and a framerate and the jpg files listed

good luck

Back