Commities & unions..

Originally posted by pendell
Maybe ... but you realize that if *I* had said
"How's the weather in incredibly stupid today?"
to *you*, that would have been my last post ever
to this forum, on account of being banned-for-life.

What's your point?
  • LOAF picks his moments carefully. If he says someone like Craze is being incredibly fucking stupid, that person probably is, so there's no harm done.
  • LOAF is what's known as an admin. As a rule, rules don't apply.
  • Finally, Craze is incredibly fucking stupid, so there's no reason to gripe about it ;)
It's easy to recognize that you cite this as an example of an unfair gap in the rules of conduct between admins and little people, but c'mon, LOAF's not a jerk, and he wouldn't chew someone out unless they were incredibly fucking stupid :)

Yes, you would be. You might be. I'll let Kris figure that out -- you're not supposed to talk about such things.

That said, I will remind you people for the umpteenth time (umpteenth and a quarter, even) that admins and moderators are *different*. Mods exist explicitly to keep the peace, admins just happen to pay for the board. Get it?

Now, in all seriousness, *GET A LIFE* -- the non-existant politics of a tiny webboard really *shouldn't* fascinate intelligent people this much...

Maybe we can count all WC fans at one hand one day. I don't like to say, but some nice people left the board or post not so often any more. I had to stay away 3 days, because I had total 'war' with my parents, they cut me the network also. Because of me posting here...I don't know how long I can hold myself here. Since I joinded, I have every 2 days argues with my parents. They even would like to see me playing, or chatting via 'normal' chat zones....so it stays countable. But they don't like that I come/go etc. on that site some times a day. For the peace I said, I wouldn't come so often any more, but don't wonder if I am the next whom has to leave nearly completetely. Some people will maybe be happy, but it doesn't matter. It can be that I still may some weeks, but I don't know when the big crash comes and I don't may go online any more. Before that happens (so much I don't like to say), I'd always leave the CIC. Maybe for months maybe forever.
I know many people on my age, whom have the same problem, talked to some other zone members...it's the same.
It's a problem. A real big one.
(I know this doesn't belong here in this thread, but it is also a theme which should be spoken about).Not my leaving. It doesn't matter for the CIC. But it is a general problem. Sorry that I brought such a theme on the table, but now where we are at talking about things concerning the whole CIC....

Originally posted by Darkmage
because it's getting ported to BOTH PC and LINUX!!!!!!
it's programmed in Linux and run in Windows.

Few Wing Commander fans would be interested in programming a game. And only a very small percentage (Hellcat) of those programmers run Lunix. This project isn't going anywhere. :)

It would seem to make sense to program it for the masses instead of the few because of an OS. It should be programmed for Win32 primarily, and Linux as secondary. I would have to agree with Kris, it wont get very far if its primarily meant for Linux.

RFB

Originally posted by Craze

P.S. I don't know how many of you like Ultima but I think Ultima sucks, and SCREW ULTIMA!!!!!! LET WING COMMANDER LIVE LONG AND PROSPEROUS!!!!!!!!

Well, your wording is "colorful" there but in a way agree with you. I don't *HATE* Ultima, I have played a few of the games, including UO. I was never really a fan of the fantasy roleplaying genre, and I personally dislike MMO's alot too. I don't dislike anyone because they like Ultima, nor do I really care if they like Ultima. If it's making EA money then so be it. I'd much rather them make Wing Commander but who am I to say that? Oh well...

[Edited by Ladiesman^ on 05-09-2001 at 15:18]

That aside, a lot of the fan projects we have reported on over the years never got off the ground because of a lack of programmers. They're a rare commodity, so it makes sense to at least develop the game on a common platform.

But as I already so-colorfully pointed out, you'd have to be an idiot to think that Ultima is the reason they're not making Wing Commander games right now...

Oh, I don't think that. They just have no real reason to make Wing Commander games right now because Ultima is doing so well. Er..I guess I just said Wing Commander games aren't being made becuase of Ultima...but that's not what I meant...ack....

Suffice it to say I don't think Ultima is holding back WC. There ya go.

Back