comments to "Privateer - das Erwachen"

this is strange... is this thread closed? Or did I make any mistake? Why are my posts not at last position?

*deep breath taking*

And I was afraid of getting some damn, nasty and ugly virus or even bader things...

But all seams to be allright now.

Who did Kaylee said: Shiny, Captain...

Deacan

We might still have some issues. If anything else looks weird, we'll fix it soon.

A short look on my watch - yes, only 24 hours to go...

My sweet wife (and coffeemaker) is preparing mails for the readers...

Deacan

Yeahah!

The book are here! Ready to go...

And they look fantasic!

Deacan

PS: prize is 14,95 - just as info.

Great news! :)

I got the mail with ordering confirmation two weeks ago.

Now I'll check my mail account every five minutes for the mail with the payment instructions.:D

Okay guys...

The mails with all information about paying etc. will be send not today! Please wait until tomorrow, we need to do a little brainstorming about our financialaccount (our pubisher need this time, reasons are taxes in germany etc.)

Fact is: the book are here, waiting for package amd a stamp...

a reason for joy

Deacan

PS: mal auf deutsch - liebe Grüße von meiner besseren hälfte, wir haben zwar deinen Namen, aber keine Adresse... wir können es natürlich auch an Baktosh in Hamburg schicken, mal sehen wann's ankommt...

Nee, ist nur Spaß...

Uups...
Aehmm....

Nach Eurem Gruppenfoto ging ich fest davon aus, dass Venice seherische Faehigkeiten hat. Dieser durchdringende Blick aus mystisch dunklen Augen :D

Ok, ok - ich hab' nicht nachgedacht. Mail ist unterwegs...

Okay... here is a bigger and clearer version of the novel, still wrapped in foil.

Enjoy and thanks for the big support here!

Deacan

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 277
Ja dieser Blick kann durchdringlich sein ;) Das hätte ich dir Vorraussagen können. :D

hehe

Soll ich euch was sagen? Ich lese momentan im neuen Buch ;) :cool: :p Und Ihr noch nicht. hehehe

Einfach herlich, ich freu mich wie ein Schneekönig!!!!

Gruß

Hudson

Okay, all contactmails are on the way.

Deutsch: alle Kontaktmails sind auf dem Weg!

Deacan

PS: keep your fingers crossed - novel II is planed for january/february 2007!

maniac89 said:
This is awesome! Instead of the usual fanfic you give us a published novel!

Yes, but the decision wasn't that simple. As I told you in this thread, I found parts of my novel in a different forum, posted by a person unkwohn to me. Talks to the admins ended very fast in banning this person, but the real interessing part was still to come. This person did not only posted my novel as his own, he also try to sell these part as somekind of e-book.
Nice, isn't it?

So - how to protect my story? I did it the hard way, find a publisher and go for a release.

Btw - if this novel really finds its readers, we surely looking for a way to bring EA somehow to us in the team... but for now, with only a handful of readers and a claim for 100k $... sorry, thats impossible.

But on the other side: novel II is on page 300 (!), a basic skript for novel III also exists... who knows?

Deacan

PS: the first books will be on the way to the readers tomorrow! Have fun and please - tell me what you think about it. Thank you.

Deacan said:
Yes, but the decision wasn't that simple. As I told you in this thread, I found parts of my novel in a different forum, posted by a person unkwohn to me. Talks to the admins ended very fast in banning this person, but the real interessing part was still to come. This person did not only posted my novel as his own, he also try to sell these part as somekind of e-book.
Nice, isn't it?

Thats a pretty nice guy :rolleyes:

Someone still interested in a english version of this work? I just ask because I need to make some contracts - if the answer is yes.

Yesterday an entry for a isbn was made, all lights are still green. If we get enought response and some stores are interested, we can go for EA...

Keep your fingers crossed!

Deacan

Today the book arrived !
smile71.gif

I hope it feels good among it's new neighbours ;)

As Deacan hast already written ist's a softcover and the quality is very good.
smile107.gif

I'm just arrived at home so that I didn't read past the chapter Deacan postet in the "Privateer - das Erwachen" Thread.
But so far the story is really great. So for the people who can't read german a english version should really be a thing on the whish list I think.
smile106.gif

@Bakhtosh: wait until page 530 and you will find out why there is a second book in the works... now at page 307!

There will be some questions left... we plan to give some sort of newsletter, giving you hints to book II, answer questions to the main characters of book I and allows you to look over the writer's shoulder.

This is also the reason why the working on a homepage. We started so many projects (the novels, the cardgame, a online version of the cardgame, a privateers diary, ships of the line etc.), so we are still looking and working for a plattform to show you all the progress...

Deacan

PS: did I see this correctly? It seems that my novel is a little bit "oversized" at its given 20 x 14 cm...
PS II: @ Bakhtosh: here is a riddle for you - who is Kears? ...yeah, thats a hard nut and it can give you quite some headache...

Deacan said:
PS: did I see this correctly? It seems that my novel is a little bit "oversized" at its given 20 x 14 cm...
It is a little bit larger than the common german bigger softcover novels (dickeren Taschenbücher) I think (compared to "Der Schwarm" (Fischer Verlag) und "Das Rad der Zeit - 30" (Piper Verlag)).
The orginal (english) WC novels are smaller than any common german softcover booksize I know. They are even smaller than the dtv junior novels. Looks for me like the american pocket format is smaller than it's german counterpart.

*sitting down and pray*

...hope you like it... hope the story is good... hope the story is clear... hope the end is clear...

:rolleyes:

Deacan

PS: once again - I know that several people from this forum ask me via pn for a copy... If you are one of these people and don't got mail from me right now, please let me know.

Back