comments to "Privateer - das Erwachen"

Deacan

Commodore
Okay... since the storythread gets larger and langer and bigger and bigger and perhaps some people just want to read the story and don't want to talk inside that thread about the story... here is the place to do so.
Questions, throughts, ideas for other stories (a bit of the second book will be postet here soon...), comments and and and...

And for the english speaking people: here you can ask the others (how speak german & english better than I do) what the story is about... or so.

I hope that my translator Dana is getting well soon...

Thanks and happy talking.

Deacan

As you've seen or better read, inside my story I focused more on the people than huge space battles... but I hope this is allright.

The second novel... well: one of the "persons" from novel one is found dead... and the hunt for the truth beginns.

Deacan

PS: I've played around with the titel: "Privateer: das Erwachen" Book II: "Dunkle Stille"...

dude, the story is getting better and better with every new part you release :)

I can't thank you enough for sharing this great novel with the community :)

deacan 4 teh_win :D ;)

|BoH_Havoc| said:
dude, the story is getting better and better with every new part you release :)

I can't thank you enough for sharing this great novel with the community :)

deacan 4 teh_win :D ;)

:rolleyes:

Glad to see you're enjoy this. I will post at least 1/3 of the entire novel here - perhaps more.
The major problem is that I found several parts of my novel inside of a differend board and with a differend author! ... :mad: ...and I don't give my permission!

They erased it by my request... but this is of corse a sad thing.

But the readers of this forum will surely see (and read) the entire novel.

Glad to see you're enjoy this. I will post at least 1/3 of the entire novel here - perhaps more.
The major problem is that I found several parts of my novel inside of a differend board and with a differend author! ... ...and I don't give my permission!

Terrible. But at least you showed those scuzzy bastards you're no ordinary author to mess with.

Question:

Since you actually have your story as a neat and published book, i was wondering if you would ever scan the entire book and upload it to the wcnews team as PDF (Adobe) document. Just a thought that you MIGHT pass onto?

@ Don: this could be a way, but I'm still looking for a way for a "normal" release.

My printshop is also on the search, too. So - maybe...

:rolleyes:

Deacan

Well... todays part 47 includes also the 1/3 of the entire novel... I still hope you enjoy this that way...

We could make a little game: what do you think will happen on the next pages?

;)

Next part: tomorrow.

Deacan

Help wanted!

Since my translator still don't have the time to deal with my novel, I just asking you (!) for a helping hand...

If you think your english skills are quite good enough to translate my novel for the english speaking people here - please give me a sign! Or even better - simply start to translate... just use the parts I've post inside the german thread.

But please - do not claim them as your own...

Deacan

Moin...

oh no... Manley und Fahnenflucht?

Na gut hier was zum aufmuntern...

New Banner release:

the_awakening_v2.gif

the_awakening_v2_de.gif

________

the_awakening2.gif

the_awakening2_de.gif

Ser Hudson

...incredible! My dear Hudson, that's great work!

Manley haven't the needed time for the translation... and she also got some serious problems at work. So - I don't feel well if I try to "force" her to work on this novel.

My dear - I need to say this: Buch I is: "das Erwachen" - Sturm
Buch II: "das Erwachen" - Stille

Okay? For the english people here: the novel will be printed with the titel: "the Awakening" - book I - Storm and the second one: "the Awakening" - book II - Silence... and to tell the truth: everything good comes as trilogy.

;)

Deacan

Deacan,
sorry to hear about your translator. Just for the fun of it, I've taken the liberty to translate the next half chapter (part 2) after the one already issued. Let's see what the other folks think of it, then we can see how to progress from there.
About myself: I'm a mixture of German and American, having lived, loved, studied, and worked in both countries and claim some control of both languages. My current occupation is technical consulting, which has its ups and downs, so there might be room enough to translate a chapter per week - but there are no safe guesses.
I'll send the chapter sample to you via PM, so that you can take a look at it and decide if that's what you're looking for.
Best regards, Jon

Das ganze nochmal auf Deutsch:

Deacan, tut mir wirklich leid mit Deiner Übersetzerin. Ich habe spaßeshalber mir mal die Freiheit genommen, das nächste halbe Kapitel (Part 2) nach dem letzen veröffentlichten selbst zu übersetzen. Es würde mich interssierenwas die anderen Jungs darüber denken und wie man das gnaze in Zukunft weiterlaufen lassen kann.
Über mich: Ich bin eine Mischung aus Deutschem und Amerikaner, und habe in beiden Ländern gelebt, geliebt, studiert und gearbeitet, und schreibe mir daher eine gewisse Beherrschung der beiden Sprachen zu. Momentan arbeite ich in der Technologieberatung, mit mal hoher, mal niedriger Arbeitsbelastung. Aber für ein Kapitel pro Woche sollte Zeit genug da sein - wobei es da auch keine Garantien gibt.
Ich werde Dir das Probekapitel zur Ansicht per PM zuschicken, dann kannst Du entscheiden ob Du es gebrauchen kannst.
Beste Grüße, Jon

My dear criticalmass (hey - that's quite a nic...) - yes! And: thanks so much right now!

I put your work in the english thread and let the readers to decide. From what I read so far, it's more than great.

Deacan

So dear friends - check out the thread and tell us what you think.

took me quite a while to get here... seems there's another volunteer for translating. well, i've been somewhat busy those last few weeks but from next week on, there shouldn't be a problem concerning the progress of the translation any more...

anyway, let me know what you decide...

ohh Manley...

schön dich zu lesen ;) Lass dich mal wieder bei uns blicken... miss you very doll :D

Hab mich mal wieder hingesetzt, und das ist dabei herraus gekommen:

layout02.jpg

Hoffe es gefällt euch...

Gruß

Dennis / Jacob "Nox" Hudson

WOW...i really like the banner.
Seems to me almost like a box cover art for a new Privateer game (or Movie), a sequel of course to the Darkening.

To Deacon:
How far are you from finishing the complete English version.

Don said:
To Deacon:
How far are you from finishing the complete English version.

I'm the wrong person to ask - I've only give this work in the hands of - at least 2 - persons: first to Dana Manley, second to criticalmass.

Both have done the first pages of the novel, you can see the results inside the "soon - english version of Das Erwachen" - Thread.

Deacan

@Dana:
I hope I haven't pushed you out from something you'd like to continue. I have no problems with stepping back and letting you go on, as you're closer to Deacan and his story anyway (I guess), but I'd be happy to offer my humble services in case there's need for translating, proofreading, or general banter.
I'll PM you so we can have the discussion offline.
Best regards, Jon

Yes - you got it, dear criticalmass...

Ser Hudson is working on a internetsite for me right now - there will be some chapters from both novels, a "Privateers diary", drawings from several vessels from the game/book, photos from the "cast"... etc.

Good idea, isn't it?

Deacan

PS: hey Jon - still no sign from manley?

Back