Comments on weapons

I don't know... maybe the bullet needs to be energised in order to be more powerful. You'd have to ask the scientists that developed it :).

As for the scatter gun, I suppose it would now be possible, though it wasn't when we started on UE.

Originally posted by Quarto
I don't know... maybe the bullet needs to be energised in order to be more powerful. You'd have to ask the scientists that developed it :).

As for the scatter gun, I suppose it would now be possible, though it wasn't when we started on UE.

I am asking the people responsable for it. :)

Cool that you can make a scatter gun. And what about leech guns? (theoretically)

Originally posted by Delance
And what about leech guns? (theoretically)

Yes it can be done thanks to a lot of patches. But it has to be programmed very explicitely into every single enemy fighter.

I am asking the people responsable for it. :)

(theoretically)

Delance ,relax.Even the Origin people who developed the Original WC games ,dont know about Stormfires etc.
ITs in the future,new technology,we cant explain.

Just say that its a new type of Stormfire and for a reason it requires energy.You can find lots of "Why that happens","Why this","why that" in the WC universe.....Just relax and enjoy it

Actually, that's the fun part... with official canon, what's done is indeed done. But since UE is not official canon, what's done is not necessarily done :).

This is all a load of bunk really, since in WC4 the Stormfire is blatently a gattling gun, probably no different to the kind we mount on planes today. The thing fires tracer, hell, it even pings when it hits the hull!

Who cares though :)

Actually, that's the fun part... with official canon, what's done is indeed done. But since UE is not official canon, what's done is not necessarily done :).

Quarto is right. Making up in-universe explanation like this is fun. :)

Btw... Did you know that "Quarto" means "Fourth" in portuguese? :)

Quarto is right. Making up in-universe explanation like this is fun.
Oh, I wasn't talking about making up in-universe explanations... I was merely disagreeing with the "what's done is done" part of Filler's post :).

Btw... Did you know that "Quarto" means "Fourth" in portuguese?
So I've been told :). And I suspect that "Quatro" meaning "four" in Spanish is the reason why people keep misspelling it :p.

So I've been told :). And I suspect that "Quatro" meaning "four" in Spanish is the reason why people keep misspelling it :p.

Nope it was the fault of Corel Quatro Pro :p

Oh, I wasn't talking about making up in-universe explanations... I was merely disagreeing with the "what's done is done" part of Filler's post :).

But isn't that fun too?

In portuguese too. Four = Quatro and Fourth = Quarto.

The common meanings aren't exactly suprising, as Quarto's pretty much direct from latin... Quarto is the ablative (if I remember my latin at all) form of Quartus, meaning forth.

Deffinate brownie points to whoever can figure out where my Needaham comes from.

Hints:
People in the UE team have gotten the information they need to figure that out over 100 times by now.

All anyone needs to do is find something on the UE page to get the information they need to see where it comes from.

Ready go!

Master of the Obvious

Originally posted by Needaham45
Deffinate brownie points to whoever can figure out where my Needaham comes from.

Your name?

Originally posted by Skybolt
Who cares? It fires, it does a mean number on anything it touches, it does a cool sound:D So, who cares? I like it the way it is, no unnecessary philosophy:)
BTW, how about adding few more rounds ( 600, 800 perhaps?)?
And why does a Dev in WCP has 800 rounds whey you never use Stormfire when flying it?

Apparently you have never heard of the strategy of blasting an enemy heavy fighter once with the Plasma Cannon, and then rapidly switching to the Stormfire to shoot it down instead of waiting for the Plasma Cannon to recharge. I like to do that with Mantas--the Plasma Cannon kills the shields and some armor, and then the Stormfire rains death on my opponent! Additionally, when you are shooting down turrets, it is worth your while to divert your weapons power to your shields and use the Stormfire instead.

Originally posted by Needaham45

That´s easy. It´s Mahadeen, backwards. Is that an Indian name?

Back