COMIC BOOKS! (was: Coping with Depression)

Not as big a fan as big comics as I used to be. Currently working on publishing a graphic novel, though! Will be at Baltimore ComicCon, pushing stuff from a booth.

Nothing at all! In fact, it just helped me solve... A MYSTERY!

Back when you registered in January, I thought something was fishy. You had an idiotic user name and were posting in a notice-me fashion, but your IP didn't match anyone elses and you weren't hurting anything. So, I left a user note. Here it is:

pt-gimmick1.JPG

Then our old pal Philip Tanaka started this thread. Here's how I see his userbox:

pt-gimmick2.JPG

And I rebanned him and everyone was happy because he's a snakebag and blah blah blah. But then you got greedy! You posted to this thread wanting... well, probably this reaction. But here's what I saw right below Phil's post:

pt-gimmick3.JPG

Ooooh, snap. Better luck next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as big a fan as big comics as I used to be. Currently working on publishing a graphic novel, though! Will be at Baltimore ComicCon, pushing stuff from a booth.

When is Baltimore ComicCon? I live in Baltimore. More or less. Details, please!

Whoa, missed my typo there, was s'posed to be "not as big a fan OF big comics." Just too hard to follow, going into them cold after so long.

Anywho, Baltimore ComicCon is September 27th & 28th. Here's a link with all the details: http://www.comicon.com/baltimore/

I won't personally be there, but my partner on the project (pencils, inks) - Lee Cherolis - will be handling the booth. Just look for a big 'ol banner that says "Modsprocket - The Modern Medium Machine."

Our site is http://www.modsprocket.com, which has more info on what we'll be hocking at the booth, as well as the specifics about our graphic novel, called Wulflorne. It's kind of like Clint Eastwood & Conan the Cimmerian's giant bastard child, with a big hammer and a really stubborn attitude towards esoteric vengeance.

I enjoy comic books very much. I'm just very put-off by the fandom its created in the last 15 years or so.

For those following all the exciting CZ drama, "TCS Victory" was also Philip Tanaka. Because that worked *so* well for the last guy who did that. And what is with these people this week? Did someone turn on our big STUPIDS, PLEASE RETURN neon sign? Because that was a poor choice in sign-reactivation.

Did someone turn on our big STUPIDS, PLEASE RETURN neon sign? Because that was a poor choice in sign-reactivation.

*walks into the basement* hmm... that's odd. I _thought_ I flipped the switch for the "Give Max free money and Mountain Dew" sign, but apparently we don't actually have one. *flips switch again* There, that should fix it, unless more are still driving here. I guess it was humorous while it was still occurring.

Now to just make sure neither LOAF nor any of the other CIC staff somehow manage to overhear this conveniently expository dialogue. But what are the odds of that happening, anyways?

I should send that Max guy some Mountain Dew... and... monkeys.

Sorry, my eyesight isn't what it once was.

I don't know about you guys, but I could use some fruitless arguing over the mundane details of phase shield modulation in order to determine the viability of utilizing a giant space goo missile to bond to the individual plasma atoms and super heat them, thereby causing the inevitable destruction of the not directly aforementioned but logically implied existing capital ship. Next up? Which capital ship pre-dated which?! :D

Where's concordia or victoria or whatever when you need him/her/it?...

That whole first sentence could have come from Geordi's mouth during one of TNG's "staff table meetings" and it wouldn't have felt out of place ;).

For those following all the exciting CZ drama, "TCS Victory" was also Philip Tanaka. Because that worked *so* well for the last guy who did that. And what is with these people this week? Did someone turn on our big STUPIDS, PLEASE RETURN neon sign? Because that was a poor choice in sign-reactivation.

Don't want to step on any toes, but what is the idea behind the multiple-accounts idea?!
Lets put aside the fact that it was forbidden by the rules of the forum... what does this "Philip Tanaka/Brown and proud/TCS Victory" guy or that "Sandoval/whatever" dude get from having multiple accounts?
Is it easier being stupid that way?
Does it makes it easier to annoy other people?

Uh... I don't get it...

(Edit: not that I'm having any intention of trying it, of course...just curious)

The assumption is probably that the admins won't notice that you're using the same e-mail and/or IP, so when one gets banned, you have a back-up. Since you'd have to be ignorant to do this in the first place, you wouldn't even realize that you can be banned via IP.

Or, you like to pat yourself on the back with an alter-ego who agrees with you all the time.

I'm not a huge fan of comic books myself, but I am thoroughly enjoying Marvel's series based on Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" right now. Darned good artwork there.

and more to the topic

I like comics, although I must admit I prefer the star wars and star trek comics rather then the "main-stream" DC comics and the likes, probably more for the contents (SW & ST) then for the comics itself.

I would like to recommend an on-line comic strip named "Crimson Dark" - a nice strip by a quite talented artist - I like it because of the plot, which reminds of somthing between star trek and our own Privateer - and of course for the excellent 3d artistry.

(And I'm also a Major now! :))

Back