Collection of short stories

I've been kicking together a plot about the postwar Landreich and interfeudal conflicts for a while, I guess I could try flesh it out here.

Yeah I've had this idea running around my head since WC:pioneer was announced. Pirates or a less-than-honest Mercenary outfit (small capship and a handful of old fighters) against the Kats set in the late '20's early '30's. Besides Diligents, Draymen and Exeters what classes of capship where available to the civians back then? I'd rather not start making up new classes until i know more about the period. Other than this I might get round to some illustartions when I can.

Well... not Exeters, for one.

(... I'd explain further, but I really need to go downtown and buy some stuff to trick out my Guided Missile Cruiser.)

I'd like to offer my assistance in designing the website. I could put something together in the next couple of days. Besides putting the stories on the website, I'm wondering if there would be any interest in downloadable PDF's. I also have experience in layout and design for Acrobat...

I think medeval Kilrathi would be a great idea because no attempted it.(as far as I know) It also would put the Kilrathi's love for combat into perspective better.

I'd like to offer my assistance in designing the website. I could put something together in the next couple of days. Besides putting the stories on the website, I'm wondering if there would be any interest in downloadable PDF's. I also have experience in layout and design for Acrobat...

I appreciate the offer as I have little experience in website design and everything, if you can show me a sample of what you have in mind we can work on that.

In the meantime, folks start writing up your short stories I will be contact people and we will probably set out some criterias which hopefully would work out for everyone.

Well... not Exeters, for one.

(... I'd explain further, but I really need to go downtown and buy some stuff to trick out my Guided Missile Cruiser.)
Ah woops, should've picked up on that before i posted huh. Should try to limit typing to the times im mostly awake. Are there any Space-Soviets around the early2600's that'd sell capships and such to anybody with enough cash? Or with my lack of the ability to think correctly i seem to have should i limit my contribution to fanart?

You are free to write about anything in the Wing Commander Universe just as long it follows along the timeline and canon information
If you are uncertain check the Fleet Tactics website or the CIC encyclopeadia or if completely lost you can always ask the friendly staff on CIC/Cruis forum, I recommend Loaf as I was told that he is the walking reference man...

Aplha 1-1 said:
Are there any Space-Soviets around the early2600's that'd sell capships and such to anybody with enough cash?

Oh wow...just wow. (Starts counting to 10...)

If you are uncertain check the Fleet Tactics website or the CIC encyclopeadia or if completely lost you can always ask the friendly staff on CIC/Cruis forum, I recommend Loaf as I was told that he is the walking reference man...

I would suggest you steer clear of Fleet Tactics as often as possible...there is a good bit of information and small details that has been invented or tweaked by the creators. The WC encyclopedia, the games, the movie, the books and the forum staff are all great resources for information. Although you can invent ship names and such for your story...you really probably should just stick with established ship classes from the known WC universe...there's more than enough to choose from.

I would suggest you steer clear of Fleet Tactics as often as possible...there is a good bit of information and small details that has been invented or tweaked by the creators. The WC encyclopedia, the games, the movie, the books and the forum staff are all great resources for information. Although you can invent ship names and such for your story...you really probably should just stick with established ship classes from the known WC universe...there's more than enough to choose from.

I would agree, however some of the information I found some of the information from Fleet Tactics was quite useful and help me quite a bit plus the information from the WC encyclopedia, however nothing against to the people who provided the inforamtion on CIC there are small bits and pieces which are not in there should be in there. Ie people, ships, planet information and so forth, otherwise I would agree with you Striker

Oh just from the top of my head, one example that the encyclopedia does not have everything is that it has no reference about Captain William Eisen

Yeah but Fleet Tactics makes too much stuff up to be used as a source of information. Nice site though

I don't think I'd necessarily rely on either Fleet Tactics or the CIC's Encyclopedia for my continuity information.

Fleet Tactics is currently going through a revamp, a very slow one. Maybe end of the year it'll be done. Maybe. Who knows. If you are in my position, you'll want to spend all your free time recovering, getting massages, and stretching (or when a fellow naval officer who happens to be your girlfriend comes over from leave, getting some).

If you guys want, I'll be happy to give you a nice minute by minute account of merely the first morning of the first day of where I am at, then some of you can realize there's nothing more painful (and free time depriving) in the real world, then lovely (and sandy, and cold) Coronado California.

I would really appreciate your cooperation, and give a nice X-mas "gift" in return.

psych said:
If you guys want, I'll be happy to give you a nice minute by minute account of merely the first morning of the first day of where I am at, then some of you can realize there's nothing more painful (and free time depriving) in the real world, then lovely (and sandy, and cold) Coronado California.

Considering what you're doing i find it hard to believe that anyone would expect you to do anything about it in near future. But when you get time to do something, A non-popup disclaimer should be your highest pririty. I'm sure alot of people will miss it after Service Pack 2 was released.;)

Paragon said:

I'd have to say, it'd be preferable if you were to design the website. Most likely if I were to design it, it wouldn't be much of a website at all.

Very interesting idea.

My 2 cents: have two story series running tandon to each other. One would be based around the crew of a confed ship; the other around the crew of a kilrathi ship. These two ships would be out in the obscure battle zones playing a game of cat-and-mouse until they finally meet. Certainly should prove to be a very interesting and universe-enriching story-line.

BTW, I'd join, but everytime I start a fiction thing, I loose interest and the story comes to a halt.

Very interesting idea.

My 2 cents: have two story series running tandon to each other. One would be based around the crew of a confed ship; the other around the crew of a kilrathi ship. These two ships would be out in the obscure battle zones playing a game of cat-and-mouse until they finally meet. Certainly should prove to be a very interesting and universe-enriching story-line.

BTW, I'd join, but everytime I start a fiction thing, I loose interest and the story comes to a halt.

Keep those stories with you, we might have a look at it once we get everything sorted out.

Oh for those who are offering to design a website for those fan fiction.
Have a look at the fan fiction section at the star wars website = www.theforce.net
their structure and organisation of how they categorise fan fiction is something I like to see happen with our collection.
If anyone can work on something similiar to this it would be great.
In the meantime start collecting or writing your short stories, I would love to read some of them and share them with everyone.

Back