Cmdr_X

Deadman

Spaceman
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone here is in regular contact with Christopher "Cmdr_X" Blair. You see a few months back X said that he was looking for the False Colors novel and I mailed him saying that I'd be happy to give it to him since I just that nice of a guy. Anyway I also asked him if he would like to play WCP and SO and he said yes so I sent those games along with False Colors. Well, about a week later he mails me saying that WCP wouldn't install because of a read error of sorts. I had just finished playing the game before sending so I couldn't really understand why it wouldn't work so I told him to try cleaning his drive and such, but not to worry about it. CD's after all get scratched. After that message it was a month before he responded to any of my messages and that was just to say that he couldn't get WCP to work but SO was working fine and he would be sending the games right back. Oh yeah, he also said something about not being able to get passed the first level. Well, that was over a month ago and I have yet to get any word from him and I haven't gotten my games back. That's my story. Could somebody please tell me what the hell is going on with him?

Deadman

------------------
http://www.sballiance.com/cgi-bin/UBBCGI/Ultimate.cgi

pika3.gif

He has this habit of leaving and not showing up for a couple of months. Last time I saw anything from him was in july, then he reappeared in january. Now he's gone again. Just have patience. He'll show up eventually.

You're just to nice a person, you know that Deadman, Just sending your precious games away to a perfect stranger like that.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I'd imagine he's around, someplace, but you won't find him here, due to his troubles with a former moderator
confused.gif

------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
His profile says that he posted earlier this month, so please don't try to start trouble
smile.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

Deadman said:
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone here is in regular contact with Christopher "Cmdr_X" Blair. You see a few months back X said that he was looking for the False Colors novel and I mailed him saying that I'd be happy to give it to him since I just that nice of a guy. Anyway I also asked him if he would like to play WCP and SO and he said yes so I sent those games along with False Colors. Well, about a week later he mails me saying that WCP wouldn't install because of a read error of sorts. I had just finished playing the game before sending so I couldn't really understand why it wouldn't work so I told him to try cleaning his drive and such, but not to worry about it. CD's after all get scratched. After that message it was a month before he responded to any of my messages and that was just to say that he couldn't get WCP to work but SO was working fine and he would be sending the games right back. Oh yeah, he also said something about not being able to get passed the first level. Well, that was over a month ago and I have yet to get any word from him and I haven't gotten my games back. That's my story. Could somebody please tell me what the hell is going on with him?

Deadman

I'm a nice guy too, but I doubt I would send him anything. Cmdr_X posted in January, but I haven't seen him since.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Actually his last post in CIC was Febuary fifth. Only a week after his last e-mail. As for sending my games off to people. I have done it several times before with no problems at all. The persons have always kept in touch with me and were prompt about sending the games back. It's not so much that he hasn't returned the games, what is reall bugging me is that he never replies to my letters. I just want to know what is happening. It's not like sending them back will break the bank. We both live in the US so shipping would only be a few dollors, even at first class.

-------------
You might be a redneck if...You think that Dom Perignon is a mafia leader.

As for sending my games off to people. I have done it several times before with no problems at all.

Really? You wouldn't happen to have Academy, would you, Deadman?
smile.gif

Quarto said:
Really? You wouldn't happen to have Academy, would you, Deadman?
smile.gif

Yeah, I agree, if you have a copy of KS handy........I need to play WCI-III
biggrin.gif

------------------

Hey, Earthworm could use some games too.
smile.gif
Namely, Armada and Academy (only WC games I don't have), if possible the Classic editions with the manual on the CD.
biggrin.gif
Anyone could send me those for two or so weeks?

I'm just amazed that anyone would mail something like a WC game over to some one they've never met and expect it to be returned ... a lot of faith you have there Deadman ...

As long as we're making requests, I'm looking for the warbirds poster, or scans of the different views on it.

------------------
There's only one thing more accurate than incoming fire-friendly fire

Steampunk: I think that's admirable, helping out fellow WC fans and all that... but of course, I'm saying that because I need Academy
smile.gif
. Seriously though, while one has to be careful with such deals, lending one's WC game to somebody else will not result in the end of the world. Unless of course it's someone like Cmdr_X, who happens to disappear frequently...

Quarto said:
Steampunk: I think that's admirable, helping out fellow WC fans and all that... but of course, I'm saying that because I need Academy
smile.gif
. Seriously though, while one has to be careful with such deals, lending one's WC game to somebody else will not result in the end of the world. Unless of course it's someone like Cmdr_X, who happens to disappear frequently...

Yeah, when it comes to sending a game to one of the regulars (me, TC, Quarto, and some other people, also the admins (though I don't know which game I would have that an admin doesen't already own
smile.gif
)) I think it would be prety safe to send something like a WC game. But not to some newbies that visit once every month.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Earthworm: Well, strictly speaking, Cmdr_X wasn't a newbie. He'd been around for a while, torturing us with his Concordia II and forty PTC cannons
smile.gif
. He just doesn't show up very frequently, that's all.
Hey... maybe you'd like to send me some WC novels
biggrin.gif

Quarto said:
Earthworm: Well, strictly speaking, Cmdr_X wasn't a newbie. He'd been around for a while, torturing us with his Concordia II and forty PTC cannons
smile.gif
. He just doesn't show up very frequently, that's all.
Hey... maybe you'd like to send me some WC novels
biggrin.gif

Sure.
smile.gif
Though shiping to Australia is probably expensive so you would have to take care of that, and I can't send you End Run, since it's VERY hard to find even in US. I could sell you HoTT and FA for $1 each though, since I have two copies of those.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Hmm... Fleet Action? What's that one about?
$1 sounds like a really good deal... <suspicious> did you ruin the books?
smile.gif

Hmm... this one is definitely worth thinking about... so how would we do this then?

Quarto said:
Hmm... Fleet Action? What's that one about?
$1 sounds like a really good deal... <suspicious> did you ruin the books?
smile.gif

Hmm... this one is definitely worth thinking about... so how would we do this then?

Emailing me with your adress and all that other crap sounds like a good idea.
biggrin.gif
No the books aren't meseed up, though I have new versions and used ones I got on e-bay with my copy of ER. The used ones are in great condition though. FA is set before HoTT, and it describes the False Peace, and ends at the Battle of Terra. It's my favorite WC novel.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Excellent! That's exactly the one I need
smile.gif
. I'll take 'em both
biggrin.gif
. Will e-mail you with details.

Just so you know, FA is the one with the Ferret with the engine from a corvette.
biggrin.gif
Remember that one?

Back