CIS

its in privateer, although i dont know the real name, they work the news, the missions, wingman, (they handle bulliton board for short) they are the ones responcible for the security of the system (believe me you dont wanna piss off a big heavy in privateer 2, although its been years since my dos wont reconise my cd rom..) theirr basicly confed for the tri-system

now loaf will correct me and make me feel dumb

And P2 takes place in the 2700s, right? Wow...seems like Confed'll be with us for a while. :)

The Tri-Systems aren't part of the Confederation, though. It comes straight from the mouths of the OSI people at various times. Here's a quote from a chat in January 97. (I wasn't there, I was in AGWC around then and someone (I think Chris) posted the log)

LOAF: Hi! thanks! The people and ship databases in p2 mention that the
trisystem is part of a 'Confederation' and that it's at least the year
2789. Does P2 really take place 100 years after WC4 in the good old
Terran confederation?

Origin: LOAF: The Tri-System is in a separate part of the Wing Commander
universe and has no contact with the Confederation

TC

Makes you wonder what the CIS are doing there... no more P2 is/isn't part of the WCU arguments please.

Well... you can also note that they say it *is* part of the Wing Commander Universe.

TC

Whoops, missed that bit. Just afraid that people might start that heated debate again. Perhaps the CIS were part of a recon force and somehow never managed to re-establish contact with Confed. Or perhaps a conspiracy by the Intelligence department... how cliched! :)

Perhaps the Tri-System is also a Confederation. It's not like Confed has a copyright on that name :).

Back