ChrisRied Can you Help?

PrimateAce

Spaceman
Hey I been searching the forums and I hear you run Priv 2 in Dos Box pretty succesfully but I can't find where you posted your settings. I am using Dos Box with D-fend and so far the only problem i have is the mouse the is bit choppy. I might run into a few more problems but thats the one i am stuck on.

I was just wondering if you can post how i can get your exact settings using D-Fend. If i need to tweak them a lil for my system, i can figure that out.

Thanks alot, I know your the man :p

I ran into a few more problems.

I set my Framrate at 20,000 and that fixed my mouse being choppy. But whenever I fly my speed just keeps increasing and I can't slow it down. I start to go so fast, I can't even see the lasers I fire. Another problem is the sound is choppy.

If you know any settings or tweaks that will fix this please let me know.

Why do people always spell my name wrong?

The Privateer 2 settings are in the CIC Tech Support section. https://www.wcnews.com/techsupport.shtml

You need to tell us how fast your computer is before we can determine how much fast you can set DOSBox. Every DOSBox speed configuration varies depending on your system. Did you adjust the frameskip, dynamic core or auto cycles settings?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Cpu is Amd 3000 with 1 gig of ram and I am very new to dosbox/dfend. I don't know what will happen when i adjust the fameskip and dynamic core or auto cycles. I have no idea what type of setting i would be looking for.

Thanks for link, I will be sure to read that. Sorry for spelling your name wrong.

No problem. I don't use D-Fend. You'll need to try all those things to tweak the speed. Setting frameskip to 2 or 3 is easy. You can enable higher cycles with the dynamic core on, and auto cycles might fix things if you're experiencing normal game speed on planets and fast speed in space.

I turned the dynamic core on and that fixed the choppy video and sound issue. Game speed seems alright no more problems there.

Now i am just having a problem with calibrating my joystick. It likes to bug out for some reason and you can't calibrate at all after that. I tried using my calibrating tools while the game was running which the instuctions advise for best results but it has no effect. My joystick is calibrated for win xp but not for the game. I move that grey dot around once and then it gets stuck on one the side walls.

Other than that your link was very useful and so was your advice. The game is running fine. Thank You very much.

I turned the dynamic core on and that fixed the choppy video and sound issue. Game speed seems alright no more problems there.

Now i am just having a problem with calibrating my joystick. It likes to bug out for some reason and you can't calibrate at all after that. I tried using my calibrating tools while the game was running which the instuctions advise for best results but it has no effect. My joystick is calibrated for win xp but not for the game. I move that grey dot around once and then it gets stuck on one the side walls.

There's a few tricks you can try. Did you apply the standard P2 dos patch?

Try this one: open up the the options menu while in space with ALT+O. Hold the joystick into the lower right corner, and while holding it there click the Calibrate Joystick button. And then follow the rest of the calibration instructions. There should also be a Joystick.txt file on the first disc with additional suggestions.

Other than that your link was very useful and so was your advice. The game is running fine. Thank You very much.

You're welcome!

I before E except after C.

I don't like that rule, because that's not the entire rule. If you don't know the rest, you end up misspelling things.

Eh, you can't really use that I before E rule cause of the added exceptions like their. (the spelling of names don't really follow any rules)

Back