ChrisReid on TV

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
I managed to find myself being interviewed on camera again at a gun rally held at the Washington State Capitol yesterday. This is not intended to be a debate thread - I just had a blast (no pun intended), thought there might be some like minded Wingnuts out there and wanted to share. :) You can find the original article at http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...Capitol-to-protest-new-gun-law-285715151.html I'm talking from 0:54 to 1:14 and again briefly on camera at 2:22.

Attachments

• gun_komo0.jpg
    gun_komo0.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 125
  • gun_komo2.jpg
    gun_komo2.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 136
  • gun_komo3.jpg
    gun_komo3.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 127
I have no opinion on the debate, but what I will say is that your presence will only boost the image of gun owners. The stereotype we're fed in Europe is that the typical firearms keeper in the USA is a gun-slangin' yokel sitting on a porch with a rifle on his shoulder and a six-pack of cans at his feet, or a street gang-banger with his trousers sagging half way down his legs. You're far too well dressed and well spoken for all that, good job Chris.

Thanks, I think that's partially why they picked me out of the crowd. There were plenty of haggard looking dudes in camo, but there were also quite a few average looking guys, women and families. I think the reporter did a good job of picking several different types of diverse people to interview.

You appear very reasonable there. The "speaker" type rally guy reminds me a lot of Edward Norton's role in American History X though. I'm not making a point, just found the resemblance too strinking not to tell. BTW, I'm from Switzerland and support the idea of decent people owning firearms and ammuntion at their own discretion without the state harrassing them or even having to know and register it, because criminals have them anyway.

Meh, everybody has guns. It's the nuts who treat lethal force as a "golden hammer" to solve all conflicts, who are the problem. "Somebody pisses you off? Threaten to shoot him."--that is the attitude that causes the most trouble.

You have my support as a legal gun owner in a country that has already crossed that line and went a few hundred miles extra.
My meagre collection:

Attachments

• Gunz.jpg
    Gunz.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
You have my support as a legal gun owner in a country that has already crossed that line and went a few hundred miles extra.
My meagre collection:

Thanks! (and sorry!) Unfortunately, that's how it always goes and kind of what I was trying to convey in my tiny sound bite. The day after the new laws were approved here, the group behind it announced a new push for next year! I think people are more fired up to push back for the next time around though.

Back