Chris Roberts Declared 19th most influential gaming celebrity

Pedro

Admiral
Well personally I would have thought that the guy deserved to be around the 5th spot (hey those Japanese can't be knocked off the top and Shigeru Miyamoto deserves that #1 spot hes inspired changes in almost every genre, he even created some of them)

Gamespys Top 30 game related dudes

They even got his current company right which is suprising to me given the standard of journalism these days ;)

EDIT: I never knew CR was brought up THAT close to where I live, I feel so privellaged :D

I'm glad to see some of the people on that list up there! (Especially Roberts. :) ) It's good to see that someone out there decided that the designers of multiple good games should be as recognized as the individual games themselves.

Wow and there it is last week ;) I never thought to check since it was just reported yesterday on the nintendo site I visit :p Ah screw it, I check wcnews every day, remember seeing all those bits of academy artwork and still never remember the important stuf. :mad:

One possible error (the space combat sim genre arguably existed before CR - although it had effectively been dead for a while), and one omission. They didn't mention Chris Crawford, who was one of the big early names, although he hasn't done anything for quite a while.
That's probably why they didn't mention him, though. No visibility coupled with the fact that he's still alive means swiftly forgotten.

Eh, these sort of lists are different for everyone. I, for example, would put David Braben (and, err, the other guy who did Elite with him) on there. They only did Elite and Frontier, but those by themselves are (in my opinion) probably more important than what Chris Roberts has achieved so far.

Back