Choose Your Favorite Station (June 6, 2005)

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
They're something that's taken for granted, but you'll be glad they're there if your carrier ever gets blown away. Space stations in WC may not have giant lasers, but we still get attached to them and have our favorites. Now it's your chance to pick the best in our latest poll. There's a nice range of options from various games and factions so you're spoiled for choice. Don't forget to click the discuss link below and let us know why you chose what you did.

Our last poll asked how much money you have spent on Wing Commander in your lifetime. The $100-$250 and $251-$500 choices together accounted for over 60% of the vote. That means that even if the 700 or so people who voted in just those two groups spent the lowest amount within their band, they will have spent well over $100,000 in total.

How much have you spent on Wing Commander in your lifetime?

$0 to $100: 22.11%

$101 to $250: 33.51%

$251 to $500: 26.86%

$501 to $1000: 10.19%

$1001 to $2500: 2.33%

$2500+: 5.01%

Total Votes: 1158

--
Original update published on June 6, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I chose Caernarvon because its the first station I saw, because Wing Commander 2 was the first Wing Commander game I Played :)

I'd be curious to hear why twice as many people are voting for Blackmane than Ella. We see Ella in two games, and it's got a huge fleet defending it. It's also a *Superbase* rather than a depot. But Blackmane has the great fly through deck.

I chose K'tithrak Mang. Not even because I think it is cool but because it was the only base in the games that I felt could effect the war. The Tiger's Claw was destroyed while trying to take it out and the Concordia almost suffered the same fate. For me this all added to the mindset of being the player. You knew that if you didn't take out this base now that Confed would lose the war. None of the other bases in the games made me feel that they were truly important like that.

Where is New Constantinople?
isn't it big enough?
isn't it... big enough?

is it because it's not military?

Anyway, I chose Perry because it looks real cool and I always felt safe there. I'm just not comfortable leaving my fighter unless I know all the bad guys nearby are dead. Can't say as mutch about the other places- they all have missions where I either had to defend them or blow'em up.

Yeah, got to admit I was disappointed not to see New Constantinople on the list either. I chose Perry though as it was uber elite to me in the privateer game, I think I like Perry over the other choices because on Perry you could walk around and see a bit more of the station than a lot of the other choices. Good poll though...

New Constantinople was in our list of poll options that got sent to Kris, but he apparently missed it when putting the poll up. If it's easy to add I'll ask Kris to fix that, but if not.. sorry :(

As for the options, I chose Blackmane just because it has the longest flight deck by far of anything in Wing Commander.. and you get to fly through it! Even if having a flight deck that long is incredibly pointless.

I voted, or intend to vote, for Blackmaine even though i didn't get to attend the party or take them up on the steak and eggs offer. *Seethe*. It would have been cool if you got to land there once or twice. Oh well.

Hooray! New Constantinople rules! I don't know about the rest of you but that gigantic tunnel-hangar is absolutely amazing. It's always been a silly dream of mine to actually afterburn all the way around the station and see all those windows zoom by. silly, I know. :)

My thanks to the administrators :D

Caernarvon. During my first expirience as a WC player I saw that name over 100 times, it just has a fond place in frustrated memory.

-Rance-

Cpl Hades said:
New Constantinople was in our list of poll options that got sent to Kris, but he apparently missed it when putting the poll up. If it's easy to add I'll ask Kris to fix that, but if not.. sorry :(
:) I was surprised New Constantinople had so few votes. Now I know!

Back