changing textures

Smoothie

Spaceman
How do I add my custom textures to wcp? Ive converted them to mat files but Treman only lets me extract from the tre file not add to it. How can I put the data.tre back together?

Create a "/mat" in your SO game installation. Put the mats files on /mat folder.
That's all!!! :)
(Don't forget flip vertical before convertion to mat files)
You can find a good tutorial about Ships conversions on Kilerwave page.

I think if you renamed the mat file as original mat from where you extract that... could work. Review the mat that you change, what ship you are changed?, don't forget that WCP use various panthers, vampires etc; and maybe you can not changing rigthly.
If you follow the procedure ship -> mesh -> mat exactly, that should've work.
Now as WCP use 3 cd's I don't know what can happen. I let a final response to experts.

I don't believe that will work with Prophecy Tango, my understanding is that Secret Ops first looks in the directory, and THEN looks to the TRE files for files it calls on. Meaning that Secret Ops is a good sight easier to edit then Prophecy would be.

There's a thread around here somewhere that says that, even.

ok, ive got my new textures to work with secret ops but they only show up if "super detail" in the options menu is clicked otherwise it shows the old textures, anyone know why???

WCP is as editable as SO - some things are harder to do, but they are doable. I vaguely recall persuading WCP to use folder files about two years ago or so. Heck, if you wanted to, you could even alter WCP to run entirely off the hard drive (or off a single DVD).

single DVD eh...thats interesting Quarto
Do capships use different mesh & textures files when super detail levels are on?
options menu -> special effects -> super detail levels

Maybe you only change that big textures, review mat files, many times a ship could be using 256x256 or 128x128, I'm supposing this I don't sure but could be a point :)

Back