Changing of the Guard

Bob McDob

Better Health Through Less Flavor
Well, it's been a fairly low-key thing, but an epoch in the history of this mod has passed. Warzog, lead programmer, lead designer, and general everyman for The Reckoning, has stepped down from his de facto role as project manager after almost exactly one year at the reins. Thanks, man, and good luck. It's been a hell of a ride; we couldn't have done it without you.

Which leaves me, I suppose, back in charge of things. What we essentially have is a mature product, fine-tuned and painstakingly engineered over the course of many months, and I don't want to make any drastic changes to it - at least, not yet. First, we need to regroup and reassess.

If you think you can contribute to the mod, or have worked on it in the past, drop me a line at bobmcdob@gmail.com, or at the team mail of reckoning@solsector.net (they both go to the same place), or catch me on AIM (my screen name's mrmcdob). I've also set up a LiveJournal community here. This is not intended to replace either of our message boards, but rather act as a more organized form of the feedback threads where most of the action has occured in the past. It's still being set up, and is intended primarily as an interim stage until we get a website proper.

No matter what happens in the future, I rest assured of one thing: things will be interesting. Thanks for your interest in this little project, and best wishes to you all.

Am currently in the middle of a major rewrite of certain sections of the mod pertaining to combat. I don't know how well this will work out, but if successful, it'll go into beta soon.

Stay tuned.

Yes, We're Not Dead

In fact I do, website related.

And ... read the title!

dralthi5yd.png

arrow8ib.png

stiletto5eq.png

Dralthi model by me, textures by Origin. Arrow model by Scherazade, textures by zohrath. I'm not sure who did the Stiletto, it was two of the PrivRemake people. I'm sure that given our track record for these things they'll be kind enough to come forward soon enough.

Looks good. Next time it'd probably be nice to see the ships as they are in a full screenshot rather than cropped to just the ship.

Yeah, but this way it's easier for us to plaster watermarks and crap all over them.

No, wait, that's Lancersreactor.

Back