Changing Color of Space in WC3...?

mentis

Spaceman
Greetings everyone :D. This may be an odd question, but does anyone know whether it is actually possible to darken the color of the space/background in WC3? I have my monitor's brightness set to minimum, and it's still just a not so dar blue :p. I would prefer it black, but if I can't get it, then so be it.

IIRC you can do a gamma correction during the install of the game.

That is correct, the are three settings, also accessable in the options menu in game. I am using the lowest setting, which is also the default setting.

Are you sure the settings in the install and the gamma settings are the same?

When you run the install it asks you to darken/lighten the 3D spinning TCS Victory until the background appears dark blue -- if you make it black instead of blue, space should look this way in the game.

Bandit LOAF said:
Are you sure the settings in the install and the gamma settings are the same?

When you run the install it asks you to darken/lighten the 3D spinning TCS Victory until the background appears dark blue -- if you make it black instead of blue, space should look this way in the game.
Yes I'm positive. During the installation, it doesn't actually display the 3D model of the Victory for me while asking to adjust the brightness. This is the same as the gamma setting in game. Reason for why I believe it is the same is because (1) start off with the lowest setting in both locations, and (2) only gives you three choices (those being dark blue, light blue, and very light blue--all of which are useless IMO). I have used both locations to try and darken the space color, but they both just do the same thing :(.

Just a thought... Are you running it in windows? Some graphics cards have settings in the display properties that allow you to adjust things like that independantly of the game. For example if you have a newer radeon (and probably nvidia card too) you can go to the Catalyst Control Center and choose "advanced" under "View" and there is a gamma correction slider (and brightness and contrast) under the "Color" section.

That was an excellent suggestion AD. I gave it a try, but unfortunately, those settings only seem to take effect in Windows. When I get into the game, it uses it's own settings and ignores the color correction settings I specify. Oh well, it was a good thought nontheless :D.

Back