Cerberus- one little question

Mekt-Hakkikt

Mpanty's bane
Just a little question about the Cerberus:
In the SOPS fiction her length is stated as being 750m, in the WCP Gold manual she has a length of 777m.
Which source is correct?

I would tend to go with the original specs in the SO fiction. What came first is generally more accurate.

Yes, I also tend to trust the original more than the sequels.
But perhaps a more definite answer just to calm my nerves.:)

that is a long ship. The Claw isn't much larger than that, yet it carries 90 fighters and the cerberus only has 30

777 for Cerberus, 750 for Hades.

The Tiger's Claw, of course, didn't have to power a big plasma gun and engines that could travel at 350 kps. :)

(I'm not really sure where the opinion that what comes first is generally more accurate -- generally, things become *more* accurate as you revise them...:)).

So the Cerberus is an enlarged version of the Hades? Are all subsequently built Hades-class ships now 777m long? Or are there no further Hades planned?
BTW if we talk about the WC1 Tiger's Claw, didn't she carry 104 fighters? I am quite sure she did as my Claw Marks says so :)

The Tiger's Claw did carry 104 fighters.

I don't know if (m)any more Hades' are planned (the TCS Hades was the testbed...) -- she's a CIS ship, and presumably very expensive.

The Cerberus is actually 77 meters longer than the Tiger's Claw. Of course, the Cerberus is a strike cruiser, not a carrier. That's another reason why she doesn't have as many fighters.

Back