Cerberus marines

Dragonslayer

Spaceman
Hey all,
Im wondering the max fighter capacity for the Cerberus and shuttle capacity along with it. Also id like to know how many marines were sent to the Cerberus from the Midway. Im talking numbers and component units. Thanks alot.

The Hades-class carriers thirty fighters and four shuttles *or* twenty eight fighters, four shuttles and two Marine LCs.

That's 200 Marines divided into two Companies.

thanks a bunch LOAF. a little follow up question. Confeds Marines, Navy, and Space Force are all highlighted throughout the WC universe. What about the Confed Army. What has been said about them? Im talking roles mostly I guess.

i've assumed that the Army was replaced by the Marines seeing as how most of the battles occur in space now. but i'm probably wrong

Small universe syndrome strikes again - most of our time in the novels and movie and games is spent following pilots on their carriers, with the odd planetary invasion - of course we're going to see the Marines and the Space Forces, without seeing any Army forces, but that doesn't mean the Army doesn't exist.

You have to remember that the Marines' traditional role has been effectively light infantry - they fight on ships, and they fight from ships when they land on a shore somewhere, but they're not meant to hold ground for too long or to occupy land for extended periods; that's what the Army has been for. While we do know Marines have done this, speciifcally at Repleetah, this is not definitive proof. But perhaps I should let someone more knowledgeable answer the rest.

I don't think that's what "small universe syndrome" is. That concept refers to how later stories tend to connect characters' backstories to a seemingly implausible level.

The Terran Confederation Army has been referenced several times (most notably, its insignia is referenced in Fleet Action), but its actual purpose has never been explained. Presumably the army garrisons planets and fights many long term battles...

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't think that's what "small universe syndrome" is. That concept refers to how later stories tend to connect characters' backstories to a seemingly implausible level.

Always thought 'Small Universe' always referred to how just because you saw only X thing in Y book/movie/game that it meant only this item/group/place existed and nothing else did. Because the game and books DOES follow pilots around for the most part, or naval personnel, of course the Army's going to have a rather small presence in most of the stories/games.

No, it's comes from 'small world'. Things like the Wing Commander IV novel establishing all sorts of connections between Blair and newly introduced characters -- ie, he knew Panther on the Tarawa and such.

Back