Casper Van Dien?

Shinhan

Spaceman
What was the name of Casper Van Dien's character in Wing Commander 4? I remember him talking to Blair a bit on the Lexington. Was he a pilot, or a naval officer?

Also of note: Mark Hamill showed up for the world premire of Starship Troopers in Cali, which Van Dien stared in.

Casper Van Dien was one of the Confed pilots who greeted Maniac and Maverick when they landed on the TCS Lexington. I believe he was the one who offered to take Blair's duffel bag for him.

"All hail, the mighty Heart of the Tiger..."

I just loved it when he pauses mid bluster to ask if Tolwyn said anything about him. :)

you are right about casper van dean was in the group of pilots
who greeted maniac and maverick and offered to take his bag for
him

Or when he's singing Christian songs. I found it terribly amusing to note Tom Wilson is a practicing Catholic and song writer. He was originally slated to appear at the Steubenville South Catholic Youth Conference I was attending and I was terribly thrilled, but unfortunately his wife had taken rather ill that weekend and he was unable to make it. Talk about crushing. :(

That's interesting. I never thought about that, especially considering he's one of the few major characters in WC who's never used unnecessary profanity. Not that I recall anyway.

Maniac? Never swearing? He has, if I remember correctly... "Sh*t! Reconfiguring loadout. Let's just hope the computer is fast enough!"- First mission of WC4

Well, what Wedge said was that Mainac never used *unneccessary* profanity. If ever there was a time for swearing, it's when you're under attack without working guns or missiles. :)

Best, Raptor

True.... but most of the characters never use unneccicary language (Stingray: "Sh*t! Ejecting!") I'd say bailing out in a combat zone warrants it ;)

Back