Capturing ships from the Nephilim

AAAA-MEN, BRUTHA! My favorite explosions were the ones
from WC2, where the ship would be racked by massive
secondary explosions for a second or two, then the screen
would turn white as the K-ship ATOMIZED.

Like the guy in Robocop said, "IIIII LIKE IT!"

Respectfully,

Brian P.

My favorite was the WC3/WC4 ones, especially with the burnt out hulks that were left afterwords. I guess the ideal model would of course be one that combines total destruction (like in the earlier games) and the intact hull a la WC:p, so you never know what's coming. Of course, that's impractical in programming terms, but its a nice dream.

Best, Raptor

[Edited by Raptor on 06-21-2001 at 04:14]

Speaking of explosions... don't you think that before WCIII, there simply weren't enough debris left when you blew up a fighter, or more importantly, a capship?

Perhaps they did it for memory requirements...

Yes, the WC2 explosions were cool! :cool:

Especially the mission load times. It did take something away when you were all hyped up for an imaportant mission, and then had to wait a couple of minutes for the action to start.

Best, Raptor

But you're like the third pilot up... ten minutes for three fighters is pretty bad.

(and the others show up pretty quick if people die...)

(... obligatory Bacon Boy reference here...)

You must really suck, then. :)

(Something like the whole complement of the Victory has to die in that mission to get Bacon Boy to show up <G>)

The only time I remember seeing Bacon Boy on a consistant basis was upon returning to the Victory, I think, after the whole "drunken flight" thing. You know how long I tried to recalibrate my joystick cuz I didn't figure out the drinking thing? :D

Bacon Boy was a pilot in WC3 that popped up when you screwed up usually. Very non-descript, you never talked to him outside the cockpit, but he was memorable for his callsign and his shitty flying style.

I think he was also kicking around in the "Save the Behemoth" Mission when Tolwyn gives the Magnum Launch order.

I suppose it's good that I've never met this Bacon Boy either, someone else screams "Help me!" in that mission where Flash refuses to defend the Victory.

IIRC in that mission a generic pilot dies. Afterwards you go to the berths and talk to Flash and Blair gets mightily annoyed at Flash for not taking part in the defense. I believe he mkaes a reference to the pilot(s) who died defending the Victory.

Well yeah, somebody had to die in that mission, just so Blair could say "there's people dying out there" :).

Back