Captain-Admiral Eisen

Dahan

Rear Admiral
I have been browsing some of the Confederation characters and I am very surprised that no information has been logged in for Captain-Admiral Eisen
Isnt he a signigicant person in the Wing Commander Eisen.
I say Captain-Admiral because in the game, he was Captain in WC3-4. But in the novel I read he was made an Admiral so what gives?!?

He was a Captain in Wing Commander 3 and 4. At the end of Wing Commander 4, he's promoted to Rear Admiral. The actor who played Eisen died, so the character never reappeared.

Yeap that I know off, but there was not much information about the actual character prior to any of the games.
I know that the Character never appeared after 4 because James Bernad passed away, but I am curious that not background information is shown about Eisen

There's some background out there, but not a lot -- graduated the TCSNA, class of 2634. Served as communications officer on the TCS Victory's first tour.

He had a lifelong friendship with Raul Dominguez, who ended up dying on the Intrepid during the Border Worlds conflict. They fought together during the Venice Offensive in 2643.

He gained some celebrity after the war, and ended up writing a lot of textbook material on carrier operations.

I'm sure there's other little things we could think of.

He had ship named after him, which is the "offical" ship of the CIC but my memory fails to say what class it was.

Smoothie said:
was it the TCS Vesuvius or TCS Mount St. Helens which was renamed?

If I remember correctly, there are 7 total Vesuvii carriers. LOAF knows the details about it.

There were 8 built by 2681
TCS St. Helens
TCS Vesvusius
TCS Kileua
TCS Fujiyama
TCS Mc Kenlry
TCS Eisen
TCS Ranier
Unkown

However, 2 were lost making the total of active Vesuvius Class ships 6
(Names were taken from LOAF's carrier list)

These names are recognisable but there are question to these -

There were 8 built by 2681 = They could not have been built in 2681. The Vesuvius and Mount St Helens "came into service" in the Border World Crisis and that was around 2670-71, and the Eisen was the only ship I recall that may have been a Vesuvius. I dont recall when did the other ships come into play.

TCS St. Helens
TCS Vesvusius
TCS Kileua
TCS Fujiyama
TCS Mc Kenlry
TCS Eisen
TCS Ranier
Unkown

There were 8 built by 2681 = They could not have been built in 2681. The Vesuvius and Mount St Helens "came into service" in the Border World Crisis and that was around 2670-71, and the Eisen was the only ship I recall that may have been a Vesuvius. I dont recall when did the other ships come into play.

The Border Worlds Crisis was in 2673.

The four Vesvius class ships mentioned 'on screen' (as it were) were the Vesuvius, Mt. St. Helens, Eisen and McKinley.

The latter two showed up in Wing Commander Prophecy and Wing Commander Secret Ops, respectively.

The other names come from a list Captain Johnny made during the development of Secret Ops -- it hasn't actually been published, so isn't "official".

The Vesuvius-class supercarriers are named after volcanoes except for Eisen which I assume is named after Captain/Admiral Eisen. I wonder why they would name a supercarrier based on volcano names after a person? Just curious. I know Jason Bernard, who played Eisen died.

Bandit LOAF said:
Ships in Wing Commander very, very rarely maintain a consistent scheme for names.

Yeah. I know in SO2, there was a Waterloo called TCS Centurion, even though Waterloo-class cruisers are named after land battles like Agincourt and Bastille. Waterloo used to be the old name for Austin before it was renamed.

Yeah. I know in SO2, there was a Waterloo called TCS Centurion, even though Waterloo-class cruisers are named after land battles like Agincourt and Bastille. Waterloo used to be the old name for Austin before it was renamed.

I'd be willing to bet that the class is named after a different Waterloo.

That said, the TCS Bastille was a Clydesdale-class transport. You're probably thinking of the TCS Alcatraz... which, of course, also wasn't a battle.

Bandit LOAF said:
I'd be willing to bet that the class is named after a different Waterloo.

That said, the TCS Bastille was a Clydesdale-class transport. You're probably thinking of the TCS Alcatraz... which, of course, also wasn't a battle.

Sorry my bad. I know Waterloo-class carriers were prison ships. Alcatraz is fitting name for it because it is name of that prison in San Francisco.

Waterloos are Cruisers/Light Carriers.. which therefore are large enough to use as prison ships.

Both ships, the Clydesdale and the Waterloo, involved in the first mission of Special Ops 2 are referred to as "prison ships". To that end, they gave them both prison names - Bastlle and Alcatraz, respectively.

Bandit do you know anything about the Venice Offensive? I am digging up info about what is known about it and currently I am scratching my head......

Back