Capship Designer

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
I wonder, amybe someone could create a capship designer. Where someone coukd build there own WC ship and import it into a Academy like setting. Of course there would be limits on how you could design one so no one could make a uber ship but I think it would be cool

Yes, this should be good, now this is not easy, Thomas have developed many tools editors but the tools to do capships are not much and are complex. Now he is near, the mesh viewer developed is good, we need add edition capabilities refers to capships begining from the source code that but it's not easy.

For example, you coukd start with the base hull of a Confed. class dreadnought and for example, remove 4 amgs and add another launch bay under the ship.

You could simply use a 3D editor to modify existing models. You would think someone would have thought of doing that already... :rolleyes:

Sylvester said:
I wonder, amybe someone could create a capship designer. Where someone coukd build there own WC ship and import it into a Academy like setting. Of course there would be limits on how you could design one so no one could make a uber ship but I think it would be cool

I think a program which would enable you to either edit already existing 3D-Wing Commander models (think Templates) or create a new one and then arm it with turrets and such.

The Game Editor would have to be able to edit

-BOLTS (The beams)
-PROJECTILES (not quite beams, but not quite missiles-- such as Mass-Driver Rounds and Storm Fire projectiles).
-GUNS (The things that fire the beams, it would basically enable you to edit the shape of the barrel)
-MISSILES (Guided fusion-propelled devices with an explosive charge of some sort)
-TORPEDOES (Guided, phase-shield penetrating missiles with heavy warheads for destroying capital-ships)
-HARDPOINTS (Areas where missiles can be placed on a ship, usually for fighters but Corvettes seem small enough to require them)
-TURRETS (Gun Barrels mounted on barbettes which enable them to spin around.)
-MISSILE LAUNCHERS (Moveable racks that fire missiles)
-TORPEDO/MISSILE-TUBES (Fixed tubes that fire either missiles or torpedoes)
-ENGINES (Propulsion-devices designed to make the ship move)
-CAPSHIPS (Large jump-capable ships).

Given the choice, I think it would be preferrable to design an editor that can both create and edit capital ships, and create and edit fighters.

-Concordia

Back