Can't use afterburners in WC3

Dervish

Spaceman
This is strange. Although my Sidewinder joystick doesn't work with WC3 (I even used the patch, but it didnt work), I've been using it fine with my mouse, and I only have two problems. First is digital sound during combat, but the other problem is the fact that I can't use afterburners! I hold down TAB and NOTHING! Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, does anyone know how to pull up the options screen where you can select skill levels?

Can'T remember if you can select skills there, but to get the Options Menu in flight simply Press:
Ctrl+O (maybe it's Alt+O, so try that if the first one doesn't work)
To your afterburner problem: Sorry, no idea, didn't have that and haven't read about it yet. But in WC4 you can also press the key over TAB (don't know what it is in the US layout) - That locks your afterburners. Perhaps that works.

To the sound: Welcome to the club! :( I, like some others here, have got reall bad digital sound, too - if at all. What OS are you on? XP and using VDMS? OR native DOS or so?

I can't use VDMS. Anytime I use it, all the movies in the game lock up. I even tried avoiding movies, and using VDMS just for flight. In that case, communications with wingmen and the Victory don't work at all!

So I am in XP, running WC3 simply by selecting "Run", and doing D:\wc3.exe

I'll try your solution for my afterburner problem now. I'll try toggling it with the tilde ~ key, that's a good idea. Thank you for your help :)

OK, I'm back. :) I tried alt-o, that worked. I figured out why afterburners don't work. Since my joystick doesn't work with WC3, I play the game with a mouse. When I switch to mouse mode in flight, afterburners are activated with the right mouse button, and thus TAB and ~ are disabled (stupid idea, IMO). When I hold right mouse button, I can't navigate, I'm stuck on my vector :(

@Afterburner: ? That is REALLY strange. For me it works with TAB although playing with my mouse :confused:
To the Navigating Problem. Hmm, I think I had that one, too, but only with one PC. Can't remember if I ever fixed it, though - Sorry :(

To the sound: Have you tried SoundFX2000 or how it's called yet? Don't know where to get it, but search this Forum, there should be a link somewhere (too lazy to do it now, Stargate begins in 1 min ^^) Haven't tried it myself yet, cause I heard it only supports Mono without probs :( So report back, if you got it working that way ;) Thx

Back