Can't get taunt editor to work with Secret Ops

CoachMark

Spaceman
I have never been able to get sotaunt to work with Secret Ops. WCPTaunt works great, but sotaunt.zip and sotaunt02.zip produce the same result - crashes to the desktop with invalid page faults. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

Hummm... when exactly does it crash ? Is it when you try to convert an audio file ? Launching the app ? A screenshot may help. I made this a loooong time ago, but give me some info on your bug and I am sure I'll be able to help you.

PopsiclePete

Hi Pete. The game crashes at about the fourth or fifth use of a taunt. I can usually get a couple in, and then I get "Secret Ops has caused an invalid page fault in Module Secret Ops.exe." The taunts are the same recordings I use with Prophecy with no trouble.

Hummm, could the converted file be currupted ? Could you please try to manually copy the files WCPtaunt created to your SO's matching directory ? Then tell me if the game still crashes.

Pierre

Originally posted by PopsiclePete
Hummm, could the converted file be currupted ? Could you please try to manually copy the files WCPtaunt created to your SO's matching directory ? Then tell me if the game still crashes.

Pierre

Hi Pierre. If by this you mean the wav files I created to use as taunts, I did that, and the second taunt froze the computer, except for the music. I had to do a forced shutdown. The sotaunt.exe file always has been in my SO directory.

I have a theory.....1 or 2 of my taunts are a little longer in duration than the originals they replace. Might this be causing a conflict of some kind? What do you think?

Back