Can't get game to run

GamesFuhrer

Swabbie
Banned
The game keeps crashing when I try to run it. I get the launcher OK, but I cannot even start the game at all.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any solution? I am up to the 1.3 patch.

You need to provide more information than that.

Computer specs (in particular GFX card)

What happens when you try to launch the game from the launcher?

What GFX launcher settings are you using?

And another data that maybe useful for us to know.

I have a GeForce 9500GT. 1 GB of video memory.
4 GB RAM, 2.4 Ghz dual processor.

When I launch the game, sometimes I get the "splash screen" like it's going to run, then it just crashes.

Anti-Aliasing = 4
Max Anisoptropy = 8
Z-buffer = 24
1024 x 768 resolution

I've played around with the settings, but it crashes no matter what.

It sounds like you didn't install the Secret Ops starter package before installing Standoff. Standoff is a mod for Secret Ops (which is free btw). I'm just saying that because you should be able to run the mod. If you did install Secret Ops first, does Secret Ops run? Have you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card? Does changing Standoffs settings to Direct3D mode result in a crash? Also, what operating system are you using?

Edit: Maybe you just need to turn the compatibility mode to windows 98. You right click on Standoff's icon, click the compatibility tab, check the box for run in compatiblity mode, select windows 98, and hit apply.

It looks like some people can't start the game at all after they patched it to the latest one(I think it's 3.0). I don't think this is a problem caused by Secret Ops installation or the compatibility issue, but the patch itself, because the error comes from standoff.exe. Like this one below.

AppName: standoff.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: standoff.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00044bb9

It looks like some people can't start the game at all after they patched it to the latest one(I think it's 3.0). I don't think this is a problem caused by Secret Ops installation or the compatibility issue, but the patch itself, because the error comes from standoff.exe. Like this one below.

AppName: standoff.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: standoff.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00044bb9

Since the last patch I can run Standoff only in Direct3D

I can't run it in Direct3d either (not that I'd ever want to ~~~).

I have compatibility mode set, and I do have Secret Ops installed. i was able to run it before, but now I can't since the last patch.

I'm not sure what is happening for you. I've added the issue to our Bugzilla...we'll investigate.

Back