Can The Drednaught Die?

If you destroy the Dreadnought in the 3DO version, it automatically ejects you. If you do not destroy the Dreadnought, after a seemingly endless amount of fighters, it ejects you anyway. Thus endeth the mission.

I managed to get to the second dreadnough once...i tried different times of configs and ships, mostly because I never realized I was in the loosing end
what happened what that the first time I played, for some reason. the mission where you got to get the temblor doc from the planet, it didnt show the fmv and gave me mission failure even thought I did it right. odd hum?

anyway, the turrets didnt shot me while i was inside...
actually was fun to see the dralthis try to hit me when I was there :)

one of the times I tried, I had a longbow loaded with tons of mines, went in and droped them all :)

then after a while, a group of vaks were there...I dont remember why or how, but I ended up very far from the spawn area, and took me years to return, so I said bah and quit

- K

The last time I played that mission it was back on my old PSX. As soon as I came out of autopilot and saw the sucker...it ejected me automatically. Didn't even give me chance to fight at all.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Just one dreadnought -- followed by unlimited random waves from a particular selection of possible fighter groups.
That's what I thought. I never bothered playing long enough to get the supposed second dreadnought.

AFAIK, nothing really changes regardless of what difficulty level you play on any game. Aside from difficulty, of course.

On Rookie level you do more damage.. so it's worthwhile to switch to Rookie to kill the Dreadnought

Wel... yeah. But I mean changing to a different difficulty level doesn't change how many enemies you encounter, does it?

Originally posted by ChrisReid
On Rookie level you do more damage.. so it's worthwhile to switch to Rookie to kill the Dreadnought

But then you'll fight like a little kitten.

Back