Can anyone recommend me a decent joystick?

Major_Chill

Spaceman
Just for the sheer hell of it (and probably because I'm bored at the moment) can anyone recommend me a joystick that will aid me well in my space joy riding? Price is not an object as I have access to a loan and a bursary.

PS: I want a joystick that will work with ALL the WC games and Privateer 2.:cool:

I just use an old Gravis Blackhawk. I have an even older Gravis hooked up to the machine I usually play Privateer on, since I'm too lazy to switch them.

I use a Logic3 Starfighter. It was a cheapie joystick ($20) but it was 4-buttons, a throttle and a POV "Hat" button. I really rather like it, as it got me through WC:p with flying colors.

Heh.

Love my Sidewinder 3d Pro. Had it for years and years, and the only thing wrong with it is the hat (have to calibrate it as a hatless joystick because of this). Its the only joystick I've seen so far that's survived more than a few months of sustained abuse.

Too bad Microsoft doesn't make the things anymore.

I have an old school Thrustmaster Top Gun Joystick. I LOVE MY JOYSTICK!! Its great. Perfect amount of resistance, lots of buttons, and a cool look!

I broke sidewinder upon sidewinder. At one point, the store told me to send my standard sidewinder to Microsoft. I sent it and only got it back 2 months later. A week after I had received my sidewinder, another package came in the mail. Inside I found... a brand new Sidewinder 3D Pro. There must have been some mixup at Microsoft. Needless to say I kept it. (the 3d pro was still goin' at 150€ back then) I've been using it ever since, and never once did it fail me. I love that stick...

The only joystick I have that lasted more than 4 months (and has gone 4 years now :D ) is my Thrustmaster FCS Mark I. Are they still in business? It's a solid stick, 4 buttons and a hat.

The Top Gun version (which I don't have) happens to be the stick my dad, an old air force pilot, deemed the best/most realistic feeling, if that means anything. (it actually had some resistance, and when moving side to side or top to bottom, you couldn't feel a jump/hold/skip in the middle)

*L* I personally LOVE the Logitech Wingman Attack. I've used this over a year and beaten WC2, 3, 4, Prophecy, Secret Ops, Privateer, Righteous Fire and some of WC1 with it. It has been highly reliable for me, and has not failed me once.

Logitech Wingman Extreme. Just calibrate it once a month, and it doesn't fail. I've had mine for three years and I had no problems.

Originally posted by Wulf
Logitech Wingman Extreme. Just calibrate it once a month, and it doesn't fail. I've had mine for three years and I had no problems.

Yep, you're right... the Wingman Digital isn't bad too..

Yes I know what you mean I bought a Saitek ST50 never could calibrate it completely always drifted a little, the only good thing was I only paid $9 for it at Staples

Don't I know it I did'nt it was that bad till I got it home right know I just use my keyboard.I do have a nice Mad Catz for my PSX real nice not like that junkie Saitek, going to get something else for my pc

I have my ancient Addison, :) which I've had for about...god, I don't even remember. But it's lasted me through nearly every Wing Commander, as well as half a dozen other flight sims. I still use it to this day, and have not had a single problem with it yet.

Back