C&C3 Demo Released!

Did any of you guys play Battle for Middle Earth 2 on the Xbox360?
Reviews of that version were mixed, and the two games seem to share the same engine.

I got it last week. The menu system for accessing units and structures works really well. Selecting single units (heroes) takes a bit of effort because the triggers are less accurate than a mouse. Most of the time you work with battalions, however, and they're a big enough target for fast selection. Shortcuts like 'select all units of this type' and 'select all on screen' should be more useful in C&C than they are in BFME. Based on my experience with BFME I'm optimistic for C&C on the 360.

I downloaded the C&C3 demo five days ago... took nearly 9h00 but I got it.

It's great. Plain and simple fun, I love it. It has different visual setting options so you don't overwhelm your PC. I tried playing a tutorial with all the visuals set on hight... very taxing on my machine but oh boy does it look good. I'm afraid my 5year old PC is starting to show it's age.

I whent over to the forums on the official C&C site and some of the things people are saying about it ... brutal. To read some of the post you'd almost think EA was giving them crap.
It's not the same kind of concerns that have been expressed on WC ARENA (different genre) but they do parallel eatch other, IMHO. freedom of expression I guess...

Anyway the DEMO is awesome and the gameplay is very solid. love those orcas.

I got it last week. The menu system for accessing units and structures works really well. Selecting single units (heroes) takes a bit of effort because the triggers are less accurate than a mouse. Most of the time you work with battalions, however, and they're a big enough target for fast selection. Shortcuts like 'select all units of this type' and 'select all on screen' should be more useful in C&C than they are in BFME. Based on my experience with BFME I'm optimistic for C&C on the 360.

I've had it for probably 3 or 4 months and I like it in a lot of ways and also have some problems with it. Kris hit the biggest problems right on the head. Without zooming in to try and select a hero it can sometimes be a task in a melee.

Gameplay is fairly solid and enjoyable, although the campaign left me desiring more and to be part of the more major encounters.

I'm curious to compare the two versions of C&C when it comes out.

Yeah there are a lot of idiots posting on the C&C boards lately, complaining about everything little thing in the game. They really don't have anything though, their latest complaint is that the friggin train tracks are like modern ones, whereas the Tiberian Sun ones looked futuristic. I mean come on, train tracks?

EDIT: How did you get it so early Dundradal?

Yeah there are a lot of idiots posting on the C&C boards lately, complaining about everything little thing in the game. They really don't have anything though, their latest complaint is that the friggin train tracks are like modern ones, whereas the Tiberian Sun ones looked futuristic. I mean come on, train tracks?

EDIT: How did you get it so early Dundradal?

So early? I thought I had picked it up after it had been out for quite a while. I was talking about BFME II, not C&C3.

I think I got it in december or early january.

Yeah, over at some other forum I saw people complaining about the shape of Arena's radar. They acknowledged that'd it'd function differently due to the different perspective, but the shape really made them mad. I guess they didn't like how the circular short range radar and the higher level square radars were positioned relative to each other or something.

Its unfortunate, because both C&C 3 and Arena look very promising to me in their respective series. I think there are too many people who jump in to put them down for no other reason than that they are made by EA.

I have to say that EA has gone up a few notches. I love this game and I've only played the demo. Great piece of work and hope to see more FMV games in future...*crosses fingers hoping for a WC with FMV*.

I can't remember EA ever having made anything bad.
Hehe, that's as extreme as claiming everything they do is bad :). EA's made more than a few bad games along the way, and I'm sure they will in the future, too - even if the vast majority of their releases are high quality.

Perhaps they'l make some of the features in the pc special edition available to xbox onwers via marketplace?

I would expect some to make it at least.

The PC version comes out this week.. Fry's has a very tempting sale: $38 for standard and $48 for the Kane edition.

GameSpot has posted a video showing off how the camera works in the XBox version. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/str...load_ini.html?sid=6167235&id=6167235&mode=all It's exactly how I want it, with live feeds of your friends at each corner of the screen.. so I guess that's still the version I should get.

I called the store, they should get the game later today or early, tomorrow... I already reserved a copy of the kane edition... :D

I finally got around to playing the demo today. The game itself looks really great, but I was taken aback by how awful the FMV is. Sure, the whole thing is amazingly high-res, and the props and sets are pretty nifty, but the acting and the script, they're just plain terrible. It's like all they ever do is talk business, and it leaves the actors with no room for anything more than dull recitals about how NOD is up to no good (duh!). Why couldn't they have a plot with actual people, something like what StarCraft had done? I mean, WC3/4/P had more than a few bad exposition scenes, but this is all bad exposition. Does the story get better in the full game?

I finally got around to playing the demo today. The game itself looks really great, but I was taken aback by how awful the FMV is. Sure, the whole thing is amazingly high-res, and the props and sets are pretty nifty, but the acting and the script, they're just plain terrible. It's like all they ever do is talk business, and it leaves the actors with no room for anything more than dull recitals about how NOD is up to no good (duh!). Why couldn't they have a plot with actual people, something like what StarCraft had done? I mean, WC3/4/P had more than a few bad exposition scenes, but this is all bad exposition. Does the story get better in the full game?

That's to be expected from the C&C series :)

And Ironside's time is probably not cheap, ehehehe.

Back