Buying WCP

Zhakrin

Spaceman
Hi,

When Prophecy came out I had a crappy computer and couldn't play it. By the time I bought a new computer the game no longer selled :( (I live in Spain). I was thinking of buying this game through an ebay auction, but I've never done it before. Can any of you advice me? I'm a bit unsure of these auctions. Is there any other way to get the game?

Thanks in advance.

Zhak.

Look carefully at each profile.I ll do the same thing for the first time.There is no reason to be unsure!I was too ,but it looks OK!

I got my copy of WCP off eBay during the summer... all I did was look around for a decent price and a decent seller... it didn't take very long... i think i paid $15 US total for the game and shipping...

I ll send money with the regular mail.Thats something that scares me!If something will go wrong!

I have it at last! I finally bought it from Cdaccess.com, and in only 2 days I had it. Great service. Thanks for your help !

Zhak.

There are some info about each profile.How quick he sends the money/item,the customers can vote if the item he took from him was OK etc.There are ratings.

Originally posted by Starkey
I´ve never used Ebay. What does a profile has to have to be reliable?
It has feedback from previous customers; positive, neutral or negative. Basically you want someone with no negatives and a lot of comments that say something to the effect of "A++++++ EXCLENT !!SELLER WILL SHOP AGAIN THANK YOU!!!!!++".

Sometimes an auction will say "will only ship inside US," but in my experience most are willing to ship elsewhere if you ask them. (of course, having good feedback yourself might help convince them)

If the seller has one or two negatives and you really want the item, try to look up the specific user comment. There are a lot of deadbeat buyers out there who win auctions but never pay up. It's not just the sellers doing the scamming. Just make sure the positives strongly outnumber the negatives and you'll be fine.

Hey i know this is kinda off topic but i have this really fast computer, and i try to run WCP on it and it jumps. like it skips whole sentances. If i put on the subtitles then it slows it down a little, but is still skips alot of stuff. i was told it was because my CD ROM is too fast. Does anyone have any hints as to what to do instead of having to assemble a slower computer? they would all be appreaciated :D

Go check in the tech support forum... there are dozens of threads about this very issue.

Back