Bringing You News Non-Stop (May 26, 2005)

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
We hit something of a CIC milestone today, two years of bringing you news every single day. Previously we had taken breaks on some days, but since May 26, 2003 we haven't missed a single day. By comparison even quite a few subscription sites take breaks on public holidays. This day two years ago we were all eagerly awaiting the release of Prophecy Advance, an event which came two days later. It isn't always easy coordinating our efforts and finding the opportunity to update when the staff is out and about, but the mobile CIC headquarters helps a great deal.

--
Original update published on May 26, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me be the first to congratulate and thank you all for your daily updates. I know I for one am always interested and excited to see a new update to the site. I know it's not easy to always come up with something "news worthy" every single day but I certainly appreciate it.

Don't ya know it, checking the site for the news update is the first thing I do in the morning when I connect to the net. And every other day I wonder: How did they dig this up? How could it be that things have been hidden for such a long time?

The daily news update is something that really motivates the community, and that in showing that the fans around WC are still active, adds to the attractiveness and activity of the community itself. Keep going!

It is a testament to show that they are truly die hard fans of Wing Commander. I can't think of a game like that.

Bless this Forum & the CIC

Maj.Striker said:
... I know I for one am always interested and excited to see a new update to the site. I know it's not easy to always come up with something "news worthy" every single day but I certainly appreciate it.
I also always read every single update you post since I joined. You guys obviously make a lot of effort to find out things about WC lore that most of us did know about yet.
Your biggest achievement is bringing the WC fans together, wich resulted in several Fan-made games. I am convinced this would never have happened without the CIC site & forum. The "files" section has also been a big help for playing the classics on a Pentium 4 & I would never have seen those missing scenes without this site.

Thank you for all this!

Confed said:
Your biggest achievement is bringing the WC fans together, wich resulted in several Fan-made games. I am convinced this would never have happened without the CIC site & forum.
Thanks, everyone. Fan activity from "smallish" things like wallpapers to full games provide a good chunk of our news stories, so it's a two-way street.

To all the CIC staff, I just would like to congratulate you and thank you very much for not letting the Wing Commander dream die.

Keep up your excellent work.

Back