BREAKING NEWS: Wing Commander on Blu Ray (May 15, 2013)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
At long last, Chris Roberts' 1999 Wing Commander film is coming to Blu-Ray! Walmart's catalog has outed plans to release the Blu-Ray on August 13, 2013. A re-release of the DVD is also listed. Both are being put out by Anchor Bay rather than FOX; Anchor Bay is a smaller publisher which has previously re-released lesser known FOX titles on the HD format. This release may be a Walmart exclusive; the retail giant has been known to secure exclusive deals for back-catalog releases. We will have additional information as it becomes available. Finally!

--
Original update published on May 15, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally hopefully I'll see a UK release before too long about time I was able to replace my own personal HD capture version! I'd love to know if there will be any extras etc :)

This is awesome news... I kinda expect this to be barebones but one can always hope. I suspect it's a last effort to get a bluray out before their distribution rights revert back to Chris Roberts next year.

Awesome indeed. You know, I still haven't actually made the transition from DVD to Bluray. But way back in 2000, it was actually encountering the WC movie DVD in a store that finally persuaded me to buy a DVD player. I suppose history may repeat itself with the Bluray edition!

Now if we can convince Chris Roberts to make a commentary and give them some deleted and behind the scenes footage to put on the disk that would be Awesome!

Back