BREAKING NEWS: RIP, Digital Anvil 1996-2005 (December 2, 2005)

Has there ever been a patch released that adds joystick support to Freelancer?
And X3 has issues with some sort of new copy protection that adds drivers to your system which can interfere with its normal operation.

Its blunders like this that keeps the sales low and Space Sims off the radar screen of new people.

At least I am doing my part by showing my kids all of my classic WC/Freespace/DA/etc games, creating a future generation of space simmers :)

master_gg said:
Has there ever been a patch released that adds joystick support to Freelancer?

Its blunders like this that keeps the sales low and Space Sims off the radar screen of new people.

No, not an official one at all. Joysticks sales are very very low these days, so lack of joystick support wouldn't have much of an effect. On the other hand, the whole point of designing it with a mouse control in mind was to entice the mass of new customers who never got a stick. I believe some fans made various modifications to force in joystick control, but nothing ever felt very right.

Digital Anvil. OMG...and where did 3DO go. It sucks but there has to be an avenue somewhere for these games. The move to PS2 and XBox in gaming is the dumbing down of the genre.

My thoughts and prayers are with these legends in the computer industry and the regular joes who work at Digital Anvil.

The tables will turn and the good games will return because the need and the skills are out there. I need them and all I can find is crap.

Its not over.

Even though you have not seen me post much...heck I don't even remember how to log in...I have been with this site and Wing Commander since the beginning.

I love you guys!

Your long time lurker
Temir

Unregistered said:
Digital Anvil. OMG...and where did 3DO go. It sucks but there has to be an avenue somewhere for these games. The move to PS2 and XBox in gaming is the dumbing down of the genre.

So, since we've already had to cut out a bunch of this, I'll leave this as a reminder. Any posts that go on about how money-grubbing EA/Microsoft are or how horrible console gaming has been for the industry will just be deleted. It's not really accurate or appropriate for a Digital Anvil memorial thread.

Unregistered said:
Even though you have not seen me post much...heck I don't even remember how to log in...I have been with this site and Wing Commander since the beginning. I love you guys!

Well, click on Log In and put your username and password in. Just stay away from the topics I mentioned. :)

I am sorry. Really. I did not mean to step on toes. I am not a troll.

I have a PS2 its just downstairs and I work on the computer upstairs. The console has openned up a large area of the public to gaming. For some of us our gaming is PC oriented and that has dimminished dramatically in the market.

Please delete the post. I was not aware of your guidelines and only stop in once in a while to read.

I think the world of the Roberts Brothers and only want the best for them.

I can say I love you guys, I'm a girl. ~~~.

Temir

Yeah, I understand you didn't mean anything bad by it. It's just really easy for a lot of our threads to decompose into generic internet debates, so we do try and limit certain things like that. Don't worry about it.

It's sad to hear that Digital Anvil is gone. Freelancer is a truly great game.
I've been wondering what Chris Robrts is doing theese days?

Back