BREAKING NEWS: Privateer on GOG (June 2, 2011)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
BREAKING NEWS: Privateer Available on GOG
Here are important highlights from today's amazing GOG announcement.
  • You can buy Privateer for $5.99 here.
  • Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 and Dungeon Keeper are also available at the same price.
  • More games from Electronic Arts' back catalog will be available soon, starting with another set of three at the end of June. These games will be Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.

--
Original update published on June 2, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Add-on?

The only thing I didn't see in the announcement, or on the GOG site, was whether this included the Righteous Fire add-on. Anyone know?

RF is not included at this time.

Always good to see a friendly ship though! ;)

Account created and already have Privateer installed.

Saw a few others that perked my interest as well.

Hopefully the rest of the series follows soon...

The only thing I didn't see in the announcement, or on the GOG site, was whether this included the Righteous Fire add-on. Anyone know?

Not included at launch, but GOG does a great job at throwing bonus material in and usually give it for free to those who purchased the game already

This is also interesting because it was one of the first games announced for the defunct gametap service and if memmory serves me right we never ever actually got it. We got WC 1,2 ,4 instead IIRC.

I've already heard success stories of it running in mac and linux.. I think you'll be alright!

I checked the GoG forum, and have already seen wingnuts from here posting. Nice work guys. :D

Back