BREAKING NEWS: GameTap Wing Commander 2 (September 19, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
The good people at GameTap have published an article on upcoming games... and Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi is included! GameTap is a subscription service which gives access to an ever-increasing licensed collection of classic(and modern) video games. The titles are pre-tuned to work on modern systems, so there's no fooling with emulators or slowdown utilities.

Wing Commander II is currently scheduled for an October 11th release - and we'll be counting the days. Wing Commander I and Wing Commander IV are already available through the service, and Privateer has been advertised as a future addition... so subscribe today! What a great year this has been for Wing Commander.

--
Original update published on September 19, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
My, my, WC really gets the good treatment it deserves this year. :) I envy all with a gametap account.

Are the add-ons also included? And are they the original versions or the KS versions? (as far as we know from the WC1 service...)

I probably don't need to add how awesome this is, but that doesn't change the fact that it is very, very awesome.

Well this is great news, hopefully Wing Commander III is next eh?

Wing Commander 3 is winning our poll, and since they've done 1, 2 & 4, I would say that's certainly a possibility. With how they've gone and tried to fill out other franchises, it would seem to me like they will want to do the same for WC.

I still have hope we'll see Privateer before long as well.

Back