BREAKING: IGN Posts Images of The Constellation (November 15, 2012)

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
IGN has posted a story with Chris Roberts and Lead Conceptual Artist Ryan Church revealing 16 new images of the Constellation. Wingnuts can read the full story here. The article talks about the motivation for designing the Constellation and where some of the inspiration came from.

The design brief for the Constellation was that it has a crew of three, is heavily armed and has an 'iconic' shape. That's tough to do! But I think we've succeeded- it has a very aggressive shape in attack/landing mode and can configure itself to a more benign looking cruise mode. At every stage while building it and figuring out the functionality I'm thinking about the Constellation class ship as a potential user: what would I want to fly? What would I want to be seen in? These questions resulted in not only the look of the ship but the layout of the interior and a lot of the functionality like the way the weapons can retract and change the silhouette of the ship.

The full listing of images can be viewed here.

The RSI site also has an update about the Constellation that wingnuts can read here.

--
Original update published on November 15, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I don't want to get too nitpicky... but isn't "BREAKING" normally only used when no other news outlet has posted about the subject? In this case, since IGN happens to be a news outlet... :p

No, breaking news is (in journalism anyway) news that interrupts the standard cycle - news that "breaks in."

Our standard is that it's anything happening that day that we feel deserves immediate attention, usually outside (or if its early in the day, in place of) our usual updates.

isn't "BREAKING" normally only used when no other news outlet has posted about the subject?
LOAF's right. It may be that a single news outlet broadcasts a piece of news at first, but that's generally because they're fortunate enough to be the first ones on the scene; other outlets will ultimately pick up the story and tell it as well.

Unless I'm mistaken, the term used when one and only one news outlet will report on a story is "an exclusive". At least that's how it is in the States; couldn't say in other parts of the world.

GZ Aginor and NinjaLA to this ship :) Its amazing. I read already that you can hire NPC to man the turrets and the control to the ship. Meanwhile you can controll the fighter ;) Thats really nice. A single pirat does suicide to attack such a ship :)

Maybe.. my girlfriend kill me if I upgrade from the Hornet to this Baby... but... WAHHHHHH :D

I think I'm going to have to save up for this baby...in-game. Meanwhile, I'll make myself available as ship's jani.....oh hell, that joke's too old now.

Too old when I first told it...

Hmm, I don't want to get too nitpicky... but isn't "BREAKING" normally only used when no other news outlet has posted about the subject? In this case, since IGN happens to be a news outlet... :p

Well, it was breaking to me. I got home from work, jumped into #wingnut and people are going nuts about something IGN was about to post. So as I started to write the news, it popped up and broke in. :D The RSI live chat was pure chaos. 250 people just flooding the hell out of the place.

But LOAF's explanation is how we decide if something gets the "BREAKING" title.

Now that I have seen the Freelancer (Option 1) I wish I had that one as well, love the design.
...and also a Hornet, love that one too.

Unfortunately I don't have that much money. 250$ is the maximum I could pledge at the moment, which I did.

What do you guys think about the two options for the Freelancer? I prefer the first one, both of design reasons and because of the firing arcs of the turrets.
EDIT: Actually I wonder what the wings are for. I think I'd like it even better without them...

I actually frowned a bit when I looked at the Constellation's turret placement. It doesn't seem too good to defend the rear of the ship IMO.

Finally got a chance to look through the entire Constellation brochure. I think I'm going to have to make an attempt to stick it in WCRPG 6.4/7.4...aside from not knowing the relative strengths of the shields/weapons, all the data I'd need is there...

HOLY RAPTOR JESUS, BATMAN!!!!
35,000 dollars until 4M!

I admit, I've been wrong. I didn't think we would get far above 3.5M
But I was hardly ever more happy to be wrong :)

EDIT: Almost everything on RSI though, it seems. I fear we may not get the KS stretch goal.
But it doesn't matter if we reach 4.5M total, so GOOOOOO!!!

We are watching the amount tick up in #wingnut right now. It's pretty crazy how fast it has risen in the last few hours!

The Confederation grows stronger :D

4.2 Million in 49.000 ;) So I don't think we reach the 4.5 Million anymore - no I speak now for the 5 Million!!!
I wrote a few numbers so here we go (its german time)

21:23 : 3.173.632 10.11
22:12 : 3.455.052 13.11
18:00 : 3.660.377 15.11
15:13 : 4.151.354 17.11

So we have 3 hours left to match the last two numbers but anyway... to this Point we make around 500.000 in the last 2 days! We have 2 days left and 4 hours. We know that the last two days the founding Projects pushes in the end. Like Project Eternity does. So I thinkt we make 5.1 Million or 4.9 Million ;) 4.5 is hit today (again german time - we have 9 hours left, atm is 3.18 pm) So lets do it!!!!

I guess I'm one of the few people who dislike this ship. I cannot put a finger on what I find not ok on it (maybe its flatness, maybe it looks "too modern"). I definitely don't like those arms with missiles that extend from its sides. That being said I still find it a very well done model which probably took a lot of time (or skill) to create. I still love all other ships that were modeled in SC so far.

Back