box art

Kain

Spaceman
i always thought most of em were too simple and not movie posterish

WC1-i'd add the TC in mid-bottom with a squad of fighters in front(rapiers leading with raptors behind and 2 hornets) WC logo above TC,the TCS Austin to the left and with the Sivar and it's friends wreaking havoc.

WC3-logo on top with Blair,Taggart,Tolwyn,Devereaux,Eison and hobbes faces below,at the mid bottom a pic of earth and kilrah colliding,on earths side is dozens of confed ships and of course the kilrathi ships and a "giant" thrak on the kilrah side

WC4-logo on top,fighters zooming out,Blair,Marshall and most of intrepid crews faces on the left,to the right seether(with helmet) and more black lancers with helmets with a shadow figure lurking above them,meleks face with cat ships below him.

next:my movie posterish covers of the novels! well not fleet action that had a good one.

Next up! Dissertation on why Kain is smoking Crack.

Seriously, they looked fine. Not perfect, but it doesn't have to be. Why doesn't it look like movie posters? Because they're NOT MOVIES. And they were still better than the posters for some movies.

I, personally, think that the Fleet Action one isn't as much suitable for a movie poster, but a large poster, say, five feet wide by three high.

There's a reason why they weren't movie-posterish... and that is, that they weren't movie posters :).

a pic of earth and kilrah colliding
Hmmmmmm... I really don't think that would look good.

Yeah, I bet that Kilrah propeled by all the earthquakes could fly all the way to Earth...:)

Anyhow, IMO posters, boxes, book covers... whatever with too many faces on them, suck. They royally suck.

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
Next up! Dissertation on why Kain is smoking Crack.

so you're just 10 years old??

Hmmmmmm... I really don't think that would look good[/B]

it's called art,since in both of the WC3 endings one of the
homeworlds is destroyed, so it just looks neat :)

Seriously, they looked fine. Not perfect, but it doesn't have to be. Why doesn't it look like movie posters? Because they're NOT MOVIES[/B]

congrats! you know there not movies,but thats not what i am talking about here.

[Edited by Kain on 12-13-2000 at 02:09]

Now, now, Kain, TyeDyeBoy, just relax. A silly idea doth not a silly person make.

Kain says:
it's called art,since in both of the WC3 endings one of the
homeworlds is destroyed, so it just looks neat :)
But that's my point exactly - it wouldn't look neat. It would look bad.
Both Kilrah and Earth are focal points. That is, they are so important that they automatically become the centre of the viewer's attention. The same thing happens with faces, but - because faces aren't round - you can subtly alter their viewing angle so that two opposing faces in fact become a single focal point. You can't do that with planets unless you place one planet in the background - which of course defeats the purpose of having them both in there.

Straying off the topic a bit here, but even if the Kilrathi did destroy earth, I don't think the human forces would give up as the Kilrathi did. Most of their forces were off the planet anyways, and the only thing on earth were probably the politicians. Hell, I think blowing up the earth actually sounds pretty tempting

The loss of Earth would be a blow to morale, and there are plenty of shipbuilding areas on the moon, as well as many important sites down on Earth. No, Confed wouldn't imedietly surrender, but they would loose.

And what planet are you on?? Blow up earth....The human race would be so blinded by it they would derstroy any AND everything in their path. Including themselves eventually when there is no one left to take revenge on. Or at least that's how I would see things going.

I don't know, looking at the reproduction rates on earth right now, by the time of wc3, I'm sure the majority of the population mustn't have any relations on earth anyways. I mean Blair, Maniac and Paladin were practically the only people from earth I remember anyways!!!

Eh, Stunner, attack Confed on the Confederation day, they'll want revange, destroy their homeworld, and their morale will be gone. Just look at what happened after Behemoth was destroyed. Morale on the Victory and throught the Confederation went down the scale, what do you think would happen when the homeworld was bombarded with weapons that made it impossible for any life to exist?

Stunner: "they would derstroy any AND everything in their path."
How exactly would they do this when most of their shipyards and ships were destroyed when Earth gets fragged? Notice that in the losing path of WC3 the Victory and the rest of the fleet gets called back to make one last stand against one hell of a huge armada.
If there was any way that Confed could defeat that armada, why was the Behemoth pressed into service early? And why were their hopes pinned on a guy somehow penetrating the Kilrah System and blowing up a PLANET with ONE bomb?

Then there was the newsbrief at the beginning of WC3 discussing the idea of "replanting the seeds of humanity in a distant galaxy." Wonder how they were planning to do that.

They weren't, Wedge. It was just a rumour... well, that and Origin's way of saying "things are bad" ;).

Johann: Actually, neither Maniac (from Proxima Centauri) nor Paladin (from Ares Station, Venus orbit) are from Earth. On the other hand, in WC1 they are the only extra-terrestrial pilots in the game. Angel, Iceman, Doomsday, Jazz, Spirit, Bossman, Knight, Hunter... they're all from Earth.

Thanks for pointing that out Quarto, the WC2 special edition manual had said that Paladin was from Scotland originally, thats why I think I was confused about that.

Anyone notice I am 2nd Lieutenant now????? Thanks for the Promo guys

Hey that's funny, the WC movie is premiering on Showtime from Dec 22 in Aus, that means I can finally have my own say on how bad/good it really is. Anyway, in the little description of the movie, they call the Kilrathi a "bandit race." Ha, that's funny, bandits. I'm sure they'd be happy to be called that, especially with their honour and all that. :)

Hey, shut up. Showtime is the leading producer of B class movies filled to overflowing with pointless nudity. :)

Go Showtime!

About those 'other' Kilrathi on the home page, it mentions Kahl helping to sell Salthi to the Retros in RF. But I always thought they were Shok'lars. I haven't played RF in a while, but back then they looked like Shok'lars to me, plus they were a lot tougher to get rid of than Dralthis, which would mean that the Salthis have gone thru a lot of upgrading. But that makes no sense, since the ships were supposed to be surplus.

Back