Border Worlds

Chlegov

Spaceman
Who are border worlds? Are they remains of piligrim colony in sector Vega? Or who? Why they are not included in Terran federation?

Chlegov:
Who are border worlds? [/

Worlds on the border of confed space.

Are they remains of piligrim colony in sector Vega?

No.

Or who?

What?

Why they are not included in Terran federation?

They declared independence during WCIV. They were togheter with confed during the fight with the Kilrathi.

Border Worlds are a rather big group of colonized systems between Confed and Kilrathi space. You could say they are equal to the New World in 16th and 17th century, because Border Worlders are people who colonized distant planets looking for new life. While the living is hard, they are forced to adapt and do more with less. Oh, yeah, and they are by distant the coolest nation in the known universe:)
PS. Check out the WC:p map.

Originally posted by Skybolt
Border Worlds are a rather big group of colonized systems between Confed and Kilrathi space. You could say they are equal to the New World in 16th and 17th century, because Border Worlders are people who colonized distant planets looking for new life. While the living is hard, they are forced to adapt and do more with less. Oh, yeah, and they are by distant the coolest nation in the known universe:)
PS. Check out the WC:p map.
I have this map, I played WC4, but I don't know origin of UBW.
In WC4 BW simply appears without explanation, without historical excursus.
And I also know that systems of BW were colonies of Piligrims during Terrans-Piligrims war. And where they now? In indian reservations?

Originally posted by Chlegov
I have this map, I played WC4, but I don't know origin of UBW.
In WC4 BW simply appears without explanation, without historical excursus.
Well, WC4 is the explanation. Before WC4, these systems were basically considered a part of the Confederation, but during the Kilrathi war, they apparently became fairly independent. Do you remember the Militia in Privateer? This is probably what the BW started as - civilian militias set up to defend themselves against the Kilrathi at a time when Confed simply didn't have ships to spare. Eventually, I guess they simply got to the stage where they just didn't need Confed any more.

And I also know that systems of BW were colonies of Piligrims during Terrans-Piligrims war. And where they now? In indian reservations?
No, the Pilgrim colonies were actually in what is now Confed space.

Back