Books? we don't need no stinking BOOKS!

Baen has a number of eBooks available, some free, some as part of a subscription. Their schedule up through October doesn't include any Wing Commander novels, but maybe if you expressed an interest they'd consider it? There's an e-mail link at the bottom of the page.

I e-mailed asking if they could put the out of print WC books up. Perhaps if we send enough (POLITE) e-mails they'd do it.

Baen is a huge proponent of e-books... I'll bet a concentrated campaign could make the WC series available in an electronic format.

How many WC books are there? And what's the best one? The two I have are Freedom Flight and Fleet Action.

Personally, I take End Run and Fleet Action together as a single story, because they do tie together rather nice.
As a single book though I think Freedom Flight is at the top of my list.
I E-mailed Baen about reprinting the WC books and got some interesting industry info, although it took six months to get an answer. The price of actually reprinting the books, even on a limited scale, would be pretty expensive. But an EBook run could be the solution.

Originally posted by Shaggy

I E-mailed Baen about reprinting the WC books and got some interesting industry info, although it took six months to get an answer. The price of actually reprinting the books, even on a limited scale, would be pretty expensive. But an EBook run could be the solution.

Yeah, Jim Baen's a great guy. You may have gotten a more prompt result if you'd posted on the Baen Bar on their website though...

For an e-book it depends on what distribution rights they have and what format they have it in. If they don't already have it on computer somewhere, in a text format there's no way Baen would do it (according to old e-book related questions I read a while back on the Baen site)

However, people should all ask for it, as I've done in the past. If there's intrest, anything's possible

Back