Blair's TOD

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Anybody else notice that Blair's Tour of Duty bar is kinda small for a Colonel? You watch TV and most Colonel's have at least two rows of 'em and I think in WC3, Hamill only had, like, one and a half. :confused: What gives?

I imagine it's those 10 years flying with the Security forces. Not a lot of opportunity for decoration there I expect.

Either someone working on the game was damn clever to have kept his bars shorter to account for that lost combat time or it was just a fortuitous oversight.

Originally posted by LeHah
Anybody else notice that Blair's Tour of Duty bar is kinda small for a Colonel? You watch TV and most Colonel's have at least two rows of 'em and I think in WC3, Hamill only had, like, one and a half. :confused: What gives?

Maybe his uniform is too heavy when he wears everything :) Just look at WC 1. If I remember it correctly, Blair received at least 2 Gold Stars, the Confed Honor Medal (dont know how it is called exactly, but it is the medal you get when blowing Venice Starbase), 3-4 Silver Stars, many Bronze Stars and maybe the Gold Sun, too (I always ejected when I had to protect that Ralathi Cruiser we had captured, as this was VERY hard)

Additionally, during his work for Insystem Security, as LeHah points out correctly, there was not that much to gain.

Blair (and, in fact, most of the people in WC) doesn't wear all of their ribbons... (and they hardly ever wear their medals). He'd have dozens, though, since they award you ribbons for each type of fighter you fly, each campaign you take part in, each medal you have and so forth and so on.

You also must remember that Blair is/was the most decorated pilot in confed history, so he difinitely had 1 helluvalot more ribbons than he wore

No, they don't wear as much as possible on their dress uniforms, either. :) (Actually, Blair makes a point of this in the WCIV novel...).

(I *believe* that there's a real limit to the number of ribbons you can wear at a time).

Eisen said it was fortuitous that they didnt wear their ribbons and Blair thought about the trunk under his bed that was full of them when Paulsen came onboard the Lexington.

If blair put all his medals on his chest would be stuck to the deck, he'd also have enough ribbons to open a gift shop.

Any particualr reason for the 3 or 4 ribbons he does wear in the later games, in 4 Seether seems to have a matching row and he's also a colonel?

Actually, Seether wears the exact same ribbons... in the *opposite* order -- presumably to show how evil he is. :)

Point in Fact

As evil as Seether is, Robert Rusler doesn't get a lot of work. There was a 4 year gap between WC4 and his next project in 1999, and since then, nothin. Maybe he was too evil? :confused:

I think that Seether wasn't a Colonel, I think those TOD bars were just pretty and he likes 'em. Any special forces operator his level wouldn't need anything like that to dignify respect or order from underlings.

While we're on the subject of out-of-work-actors

Holly Gagnier, probably my fave Wing Commander chick (Not sure about Flint), has not gotten much work either. I know she was a Demons Dance Squad Member in "Gimme an F". Um, and if your wondering how I know that...lets just say my friend has a *very* bizzare video collection. I *saw* it.

o.o;;

Anyone seen Mark Hamill in "Slipstream"???

For you Wingnuts out there:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Screen/9442/Holly_info1.jpg

Did you guys know that Captain Paulsen plays a role in the tv series "the west wing"? I saw him on tv a coupl a days ago....

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Actually, Seether wears the exact same ribbons... in the *opposite* order -- presumably to show how evil he is. :)

Because he is the oposite of Blair....

Back